Ouch, this is gonna Hurt (Huge 1.5 Tonnes of Cannabis Bust)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Ouch, this is gonna Hurt (Huge 1.5 Tonnes of Cannabis Bust)

Post by phuketrichard »

this will hurt the happy pizza restaurants,

A police raid led to the arrest of three suspects and the seizure of nearly 1.5 tonnes of dried marijuana as well as drying and packing machines in Phnom Penh’s Russey Keo district, according to officials.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/g ... st-capital
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: OUch, this is gonna Hurt

Post by General Mackevili »

Daaaaayum! That's a lot right there.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

phuketrichard wrote:this will hurt the happy pizza restaurants,
Haha! No it won't. This was probably not even for the local market. 1.5 ton is nothing in the great picture.

Besides, nearly all happy pizzerias are supplied by cops. Get with the program!

It'll make the DEA happy and US will agree to keep paying that aid. Besides that? Nothing.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Oh there are a lot!! they use for only in happy pizza? Or for another thing else?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

not sure where ur from but 1.5 ton is a lot
average price $500/= $1.5 mill
gonna hurt someone
Last edited by phuketrichard on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

i might be wrong, but what i know for happy pizza they put the fresh one not the dried one.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Samouth wrote:i might be wrong, but what i know for happy pizza they put the fresh one not the dried one.

the more u post the funnier it gets :facepalm:
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

phuketrichard wrote:
Samouth wrote:i might be wrong, but what i know for happy pizza they put the fresh one not the dried one.
the more u post the funnier it gets :facepalm:
Nice that is my goal to make people happy, not to attack people on a forum haha.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

You attack people in bars instead.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cambodia Daily is reporting that it's over 2 tons:

Police seized more than 2 tons of marijuana in Phnom Penh on Friday evening and later arrested four suspected drug dealers, police said Sunday.

Khieu Saman, director of the Interior Ministry’s anti-drug trafficking department who ordered the raid, said that more than 1 ton of dried marijuana, along with processing and packaging equipment, was taken from a house in Russei Keo district’s Tuol Sangke commune. However, according to a statement posted to the National Police website over the weekend, 1,987 kg of marijuana, or about 2.19 tons, was confiscated in the operation.

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/poli ... enh-92352/
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic