radiosinoukville.com

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: radiosinoukville.com

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Didn't the radio switched from western hands to Russian's since it was created ?
In any case the half dozen people I know that were part of the original team aren't in the boat anymore.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

No BDS, its been Jimmi's baby and Jimmi's only since day one and still is.He has had help from others, some have stayed some have gone as you said. His major backer is Russian though and pretty much has been since the beginning. They will be moving to their new site at Nikolai's new place within the next month or so. Hopefully they will have no more lightning strikes!
Junkie, I just thought it was a pretty naive question is all. None of the places advertising are NGO's asking for volunteers.They are all commercial business's looking for staff. Goes without saying that staff get paid a wage, even here in Shihanoukville, even in the shitty backpacker places. The wage may consist of accomodation ( a shittyhammock) ,free alcohol (Mekong and watered down beer) and rice, but there is always at least a small cash stipend involved.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Best bet chose an appropriate add and give the people a call, if you read the adds it tells you, for example the chefs positions one mentions free board and food but no salary for "barang", others are salary negotiable. There seems to be a lot of jobs for waitresses but unless you fancy working 14 hours a day for around $80 a month and look good in a dress probably not the best option :D

Koh Rong Dive Centre want a customer relations person, if you have experience in this area and speak, English, Chinese and Russian I would think they would consider you. It says salary related to experience, although I would not expect it to be very high. What could Koh Rong? Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic