Suitable hostess bar to take a curious friend

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Suitable hostess bar to take a curious friend

Post by StroppyChops »

Rain Dog wrote:I think it really depends on what you want her to get out of the experience...
Thanks for your detailed and carefully considered response, RD - you've answered the question I asked (as did others) rather than reinventing the question for forum 'sh!ts and giggles' and I really appreciate that.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Rain Dog wrote: I hear rumors General-Z is well known in those parts.

I think FreeSocrates mentioned Loco Bar, Shanghai bar, and Larrys.
I get lumped together with G-Pub, Golden Sorya and methed-out hookers, and FreeSocrates gets grouped with Loco, Shanghai and Larry's?

That's bullshit. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

General Mackevili wrote:

I get lumped together with G-Pub, Golden Sorya and methed-out hookers, and FreeSocrates gets grouped with Loco, Shanghai and Larry's?

That's bullshit. Image
hehehe --- i only linked you to pontoon ---- but as they say, if the shoe fits ...

:mrgreen:
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

General Mackevili wrote:

That's bullshit. Image
Lol. Loco, Shanghai and Larry's - The Thinking Man's Hostess Bar's. :D. ( Okay stretching the hostess link with Larry's ).
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:

That's bullshit. Image
Burn!
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

General Mackevili wrote:I get lumped together with G-Pub, Golden Sorya and methed-out hookers, and FreeSocrates gets grouped with Loco, Shanghai and Larry's?

That's bullshit. Image
:ROFL2:

Actually I've only ever been to Loco a couple times. I like Shanghi and Larry's. It's more low key and the clientele are generally interesting guys that you can easily have a conversation with. The girls aren't really pushy either.

I try to avoid GSM altogether but sometimes end up there when I'm drunk and want to donate money to people by walking around in a stupor and letting them steal all the money from my pockets.

After 2am, GSM is nothing but bad news, IMO.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

FreeSocrates! wrote:After 2am, GSM is nothing but bad news, IMO.
Wait ... that's like 2 o'clock, but in the morning?
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Yes, I'm a night owl. I don't wake up till noon most days. This city kinda sucks for night owls actually...
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

FreeSocrates! wrote:Yes, I'm a night owl. I don't wake up till noon most days. This city kinda sucks for night owls actually...
I heard that's the point.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

FreeSocrates! wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:I get lumped together with G-Pub, Golden Sorya and methed-out hookers, and FreeSocrates gets grouped with Loco, Shanghai and Larry's?

That's bullshit. Image
:ROFL2:

Actually I've only ever been to Loco a couple times. I like Shanghi and Larry's. It's more low key and the clientele are generally interesting guys that you can easily have a conversation with. The girls aren't really pushy either.

I try to avoid GSM altogether but sometimes end up there when I'm drunk and want to donate money to people by walking around in a stupor and letting them steal all the money from my pockets.

After 2am, GSM is nothing but bad news, IMO.

Yea -- I would avoid GSM late night -- unless you want to be immersed in a freak show. It's too unpredictable and you never know what's going to happen (and its never a good surprise). Going early like around sunset can be interesting if you just want to grab a few beers, eat a little, and observe. You get the "Regular" Johns going there early trying to find their favored ice head hooker before someone else drags her off to walkabout. Sometimes you get two Johns nervously circling around the same girl, eying each other warily. The Mating Dances and Rituals at GSM can be quite fascinating. Late nite everyone is too amped up.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic