Printer or printing house?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Printer or printing house?

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:Wow... you've got it bad for stroppy. Anyway, the answer to this is "how much will you use it?" I bought a laserjet and the thing has about a quarter inch of dust on it most times...
Almost every printer I see is like that, and my original question should have included whether the consumables age faster in the tropics.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:Wow... you've got it bad for stroppy. Anyway, the answer to this is "how much will you use it?" I bought a laserjet and the thing has about a quarter inch of dust on it most times...
Almost every printer I see is like that, and my original question should have included whether the consumables age faster in the tropics.
Not really that I've seen. I have a ream of paper I bought over a year ago that's just fine.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Not really that I've seen. I have a ream of paper I bought over a year ago that's just fine.
The toner doesn't clog?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
The toner doesn't clog?
Hasn't yet...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:The toner doesn't clog?
Hasn't yet...
Sweet. Ta.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

If you do end up buying a printer, my friend buys bottles of ink from this little chinese shop close to Toul Sleng - just down the road that intersects from 360... it's super cheap compared to the other cartridges. But your printer has to be re-fillable, which I don't think is hard to find here.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Or get one of the emsom printers where you can use external bottles with little hoses into it like the copy shops tend to use. more expensive printer but it saves a lot of trouble if you're using it heavily.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cheers - won't be using it heavily so will probably just end up buying a relatively disposable unit.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

StroppyChops wrote:Cheers - won't be using it heavily so will probably just end up buying a relatively disposable unit.
If you were down here i'd sell you mine... lol.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

OrangeDragon wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Cheers - won't be using it heavily so will probably just end up buying a relatively disposable unit.
If you were down here i'd sell you mine... lol.
With free dust feature, right? :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic