"The Wild" a short surfing film. double thumbs up

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

"The Wild" a short surfing film. double thumbs up

Post by phuketrichard »

This kid is GOOD:
The Wild is a short film featuring surf prodigy Noah Beschen, and is the 2015 REDirect Surf Film Festival Grand Prize Winner. The festival is a filmmaking competition to see who can create the most unique and original surf shot of the year using RED Dragon 6K cameras provided by RED. Participants had 14 weeks to shoot and edit their films, and it's not hard to see why director Aaron Lieber came away the winner.

http://www.outsideonline.com/2008311/yo ... MDD8v2E8Oy

Also currently reading Barbarian days - A surfing life by William Finnegan :thumb: :thumb:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/19/books ... negan.html
There are too many breathtaking, original things in “Barbarian Days” to do more than mention here — observations about surfing that have simply never been made before, or certainly never so well: the postsurf moods of “pleasant melancholy” or “mild elation”; the “charged and wild inclination to weep” that comes in the wake of unusually intense rides or ­wipeouts; the unlikely facial expressions actually worn by a surfer in the act of riding a demanding wave; and ­visionary descriptions of oceanic beauty occasionally met with in surfing but seldom done justice: “It was midday, and the straight-overhead sun rendered the water invisible. It was as if we were suspended above the reef, floating on a cushion of nothing . . . . Approaching waves were like optical illusions. . . . And when I caught one and stood up, it disappeared. I was flying down the line, but all I could see was brilliant reef streaming under my feet.”
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: "The Wild" a short surfing film. double thumbs up

Post by vladimir »

I think the competition for that ended a few weeks ago, and he won. I was subscribed to the videos, and his one was WAY ahead of any of the others, he really has talent, let's hope he desn't end up in Hollywood adding to the pile of trash.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic