chüe khor

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bong.kuit
Expatriate

Re: chüe khor

Post by bong.kuit »

no red eyes for me as well last year, even though a handful of students were having it.

that you haven't been sick once, hotdigr, wow. exceptional.

I'm at the beginning of my third year here and it definitely got better overall. but still at least twice as many infections as in europe.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

I used to get sick 4 times a year in Canada, every time the seasons changed (and they'd always last a week or two).

The most I've gotten here is a bout of diarrhea or a chest cold and they only lasted a day.

However the cuts and bruises and burns I've gotten from just mounting my Dirt Bike and occasionally falling off it out in a rice field or on a mud path, seem to linger forever.

The nearest I've come to death or at least serious bodily harm (knock on wood) is when a giant bull chased me on my Dirtbike for about a kilometre in full gallop in a rice field.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

What's the go with the nasal congestion at this time if year, is that the dust and pollution or something more sinister? Can you get medicated nasal decongestant spray (the up the nostril variety) here?

Edit: General, you had something like this last time we were together, didn't you?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

bong.kuit wrote:My throat is hurting like hell, and i seem not to be the only one (gf, friends). Last heavy cough is like 4 weeks back.

I've heard sicknesses are always increasing at the turn of seasons. But the raining season didn't even really start now...

How about you? How frequently do you get sick? Are you sick at the moment? Ideas for prevention, face masks or sumfin?
Living in mega-city Hanoi for years I did considerable research for serious effective masks (paper & fabric ones R worthless) & I found respro.com out of the UK. They are also sold by some scooter boys in SGN. I found them very effective (made a huge diff in central HAN & SGN - but PP is a tiny fraction of those cities re: air quality) & with several models to choose from. Changeable multi-layered charcoal filters that last about a month depending on use. Ain't cheap but what R your lungs/health worth? Like helmets - not nice, fun or comfortable & make U look like a faggot/wimp Non-Libertarian. Oh well...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

More Tiger Balm or Siang Pure Oil :popcorn:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

dagenham wrote:Like helmets - not nice, fun or comfortable & make U look like a faggot/wimp Non-Libertarian. Oh well...
:) Have a look at my avatar. That's a recent photo of me. Now imagine that with a pretty blue medical mask...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

EdinWigan wrote:More Tiger Balm or Siang Pure Oil :popcorn:
I've been leaning towards trying the Tiger Balm, but don't want it deteriorating the nasal prongs on the sleep machine.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

StroppyChops wrote:
I've been leaning towards trying the Tiger Balm, but don't want it deteriorating the nasal prongs on the sleep machine.
You seriously need to try them both, they are better than some give them credit for :hattip:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

nightmare.believer wrote:Not taking the piss, just advocating for frequent hand washing with a good non-fragrance soap and usage of hand sanitizer when outside.
Stay away from sick people.
Last big fight I was in was when I told my GF to cover her mouth when coughing. But we were living together in a small apartment, so this I-get-sick-you-get-sick bullshit really wasn't going to float with me.

I hope you were not referring to anyone on this [ or that other] forum.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

EdinWigan wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
You seriously need to try them both, they are better than some give them credit for :hattip:
Is the Siang Pure Oil available from the street corner pharmacies? Can you give a romanised version of the name, please?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic