Ceftriaxone - Info

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Ceftriaxone - Info

Post by Anchor Moy »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:Make a test. Get sick and go to the SOS clinic in Phnom Penh. If you can pay the bill you do have enough money.
The OP seems to suggest that you should not even bother to go to the clinic at all, but diagnose yourself for serious illnesses like meningitis, and take this antibiotic randomly because someone on the internet says this is a good idea.
Just get a witch-doctor in; you will have about the same chance of being cured for something serious.
Of course westerners in Cambodia have to self-diagnose from time to time, especially when you spend long periods away from the big cities. And it is a good idea to carry good quality broad-spectrum antibiotics with you - just in case - sometimes the cause of infection is obvious.
But seriously, if you think you have meningitis, do something about it apart from taking random drugs. If the cause is viral then you are lowering your resistance for nothing, and your illness is not being correctly treated. This is not hypocrisy, this is common sense.
I know that you like to play AD, but promoting random drugs on the internet is a questionable practice, don't you think ?
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

Questionable ? So you are living in Cambodia and you get an obvious bacterial infection, you will go to a local "doctor" who will make a bacterial culture, interpreting it correctly and giving you the exact right antibiotic ? Right ? Excuse me, but ......are you dreaming ?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Maybe AD is just playing the Devil's Advocate.
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

I rest my case :beer1:.......take Ciprofloxacin :mrgreen:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:Maybe AD is just playing the Devil's Advocate.
Yeah, considered that...
I know that you like to play AD...
So the real question is, are you a better doctor than a witch-doctor ?
I hope that you can also operate on yourself in case of appendicitis or brain tumour. I'm sure they have some do-it-yourself lessons on Utube. :stir:
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

P.S.: :D When I lived in Siem Reap these Cambodian beer gardens always sold this strange Angkor Beer past the expiration date, and that really gave you the shits. I found out that if you mix that beer with 500 mg of an appropriate antibiotic you won't get the shits. Interesting, isn't it :D
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote:P.S.: :D When I lived in Siem Reap these Cambodian beer gardens always sold this strange Angkor Beer past the expiration date, and that really gave you the shits. I found out that if you mix that beer with 500 mg of an appropriate antibiotic you won't get the shits. Interesting, isn't it :D
Why not? Sounds perfectly reasonable. Personally I would add antibiotics to any Angkor beer whatever the date. :stir:
Or you could try just giving the glass a clean before using.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Advocatus Diaboli wrote:P.S.: :D When I lived in Siem Reap these Cambodian beer gardens always sold this strange Angkor Beer past the expiration date, and that really gave you the shits. I found out that if you mix that beer with 500 mg of an appropriate antibiotic you won't get the shits. Interesting, isn't it :D
Why not? Sounds perfectly reasonable. Personally I would add antibiotics to any Angkor beer whatever the date. :stir:
Or you could try just giving the glass a clean before using.
I prefer the natural way.

For bread I leave it out until it has a nice shade of green. Make a lovely sandwich and eat it. Solves all my problems. Trust me I R Doctur.
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Sounds delicious,thePeck. Continue like that for a couple of years and then call me for the right CTX.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic