Honda Giorno 100cc scooter (4 speed manual), $700

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Honda Giorno 100cc scooter (4 speed manual), $700

Post by AE86 »

Hi all,

I have a little 100cc scooter (just .75mm less bore than a Super Cub 100cc) with a 50cc body freshly restored with a newly rebuilt motor and repainted body. I bought it for my wife in hopes she would use it and gave it a light restoration with a completely rebuilt motor with mostly Taiwanese parts except where listed (middle grade stuff, above Chinese grade, below OEM grade). She rode it 20 metres and turned around saying "Too much power". :roll: It's not that powerful though, about as much power as a 100cc Daelim, but that is more than most expect in a small scooter like this.

**Engine is still almost new, so it still need to be run in for the next owner.

**It is a 4 speed manual shift scooter, NOT an automatic. Auto clutch but manual shift, like a Cub.

**Scooter has not had a number plate assigned to it yet. Bought straight off the container and all taxes are paid (about $100 worth, and have papers and original contract), but the number plate is still not done as the wife doesn't want to ride it.

**The bike is actually known as the Giorcub, and it is a Cub based scooter, complete with manual gearing and metal chain drive (vs. belt). It was meant to be a durable scooter for the Japanese market.

The scooter itself

100 km or so on rebuilt motor, just one tankful of petrol, all done by me.

New +9mm stroker crankset (conrod, crank bearings, crank flyweights)
New clutch (OEM Honda)
New gearbox bearings
New cylinder head, cam chain, tensioners, springs
+11mm overbore cylinder with new piston and rings (Taiwanese J.C.C. piston)
New battery
New aftermarket tachometer with appropriate 9k redline
New "performance" exhaust and intake
New chain and sprocket set
New carburetor ($17 aftermarket, mid grade quality. I couldn't justify $58 on a carb for a $700 scooter)

Rebuilt high capacity oil pump (double oil flow vs. stock pump)
Rebuilt rear hub

Misc
Gearbox is original and had very little wear, the shifter was replaced with a used one.
Run in service completed (engine stripped down to the short block and all oil passages and filter cleaned/flushed out).
Rear tyre might need replacing in the next 6 months or so.
And again, the engine still has not been completely run in yet.

Complete turnkey scooter (no issues needing to be solved), ready to go for the next owner.

$700, will be for sale until I get rid of some of my collection (see other ads)
-insert signature here
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Honda Giorno 100cc scooter (4 speed manual), $700

Post by AE86 »

Sold
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic