fitness club

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: fitness club

Post by nightmare.believer »

I put 30 pounds of whey protein powder in my checked baggage when I lived in Asia. You'll save a lot if you bring your own.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yeah I also bring my own. Still have a 10lbs bag sitting in my fridge (half empty). I barely use any though. When I worked out religiously years ago, I'd go through 5lbs per month or something. Now I can make a bag last forever. Don't work out seriously anymore though. I use a knee injury as an excuse. For some reason on all my previous trips back my suitcases were always full of other stuff so I could never bring back more than 5-10lbs per year. Next visit back though (sometime between September and December I reckon, haven't bought a ticket yet) I know my suitcases will be pretty empty so I might stock up. I could be that weird guy who barely works out but has 50lbs of whey at home, lol.

On a side note, I used to have a Finnish friend who lived here who had massive passive income (work injury+business) and did little more than workout and smoke pot all day. He had a whole fridge and 1.6M shoerack at home dedicated to supplements. It was pretty crazy.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

ryoon wrote:
PS : The general actually go to a fitness club ? If I go to this gym what pizza would you recommend ?
That's the downside. No pizza at The Place, but they have a talking coffee machine that also serves Royal D. And the vending machine sells beer.

My last gym, Cambodiana Hotel, sold pizza.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by nightmare.believer »

Loud 40-something Khmer lady started yelling at me at The Place a few years ago. She really went off on me. I was sure an SUV was going to run me over later.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

nightmare.believer wrote:Loud 40-something Khmer lady started yelling at me at The Place a few years ago. She really went off on me. I was sure an SUV was going to run me over later.
I've seen that shit a few times. Ironically, they're often the ones with ringtones louder than the call to prayer towers in Malaysia.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Why did she start yelling at you? You took her spot in the squat rack or something?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
ryoon
Expatriate

Post by ryoon »

General Mackevili wrote: That's the downside. No pizza at The Place, but they have a talking coffee machine that also serves Royal D. And the vending machine sells beer.
Incredible, I was thinking that the general was pulling my leg, but no. They really sell beer ..
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

ryoon wrote:
Incredible, I was thinking that the general was pulling my leg, but no. They really sell beer ..
Crazy, innit?

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Phnom penh sports club gets unbearably packed with people on some weekends. Went recently and had difficulty finding a seat. After finding a seat you can't enjoy the pool when it is packed and no room to swim or relax as you need to be aware of which person is about to collide with you next.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

GMJS-CEO wrote:Phnom penh sports club gets unbearably packed with people on some weekends. Went recently and had difficulty finding a seat. After finding a seat you can't enjoy the pool when it is packed and no room to swim or relax as you need to be aware of which person is about to collide with you next.
Are we talking about ''Fitness Clubs '' or ''Sports Clubs '' If you want to get fit you dont need to find a seat.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic