Was the Death of Australian Daryl Clarke Reported Locally?

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Was the Death of Australian Daryl Clarke Reported Locally?

Post by General Mackevili »

A 57 year old Australian tourist named Daryl Ross Clarke died in Cambodia on January 18, 2015 while on holiday in Phnom Penh.

Was this reported anywhere locally? Doesn't look like it.

Flint Group is mourning dedicated employee, Daryl Ross Clarke, who died unexpectedly at the age of 57, while on a trip in Cambodia on January 18.

Thorsten Schauer general manager for Flint Group Australia says, “Daryl was a hard working dedicated employee and he will be dearly missed by all who knew him, and by his colleagues.”

...continued...

http://www.i-grafix.com/australia/flint ... yl-clarke/

If anyone....cough, Prohacalipse Now, cough.....was making a tally of foreigners who have died in Cambodia in 2015, they might want to update it with this Australian. :hattip:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Ed Hammer
Expatriate

Re: Was the Death of Australian Daryl Clarke Reported Locall

Post by Ed Hammer »

How mad are you? I one who got away. Lucky for him , otherwise you would have posted his death pic for all to see.
General Mackevili: I just don't want you littering our forum with your drivel.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Yes, was he mentioned in the Queen Wood Hotel tripadvisor reviews? Apparently, he and his son were visiting Cambodia and staying at the hotel. The dad had a medical episode and was taken to hospital, where he died. The son returned to the Queen Wood, told them dad had died, and they immediately kicked the son out of the hotel.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevi ... RATES_CONT
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

Maybe the son bought a bottle of wine to celebrate and refused to pay the $10 fee at Queen Wood.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Cam Nivag wrote:Yes, was he mentioned in the Queen Wood Hotel tripadvisor reviews? Apparently, he and his son were visiting Cambodia and staying at the hotel. The dad had a medical episode and was taken to hospital, where he died. The son returned to the Queen Wood, told them dad had died, and they immediately kicked the son out of the hotel.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevi ... RATES_CONT
Yep, it was the "dead Barang" hotel review you pointed me to. Son left his real name in the review.

So a joint effort to uncover this death.

I can only imagine many more go unreported here in Cambodia.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

BOFH wrote:Maybe the son bought a bottle of wine to celebrate and refused to pay the $10 fee at Queen Wood.
True story. Possibly. Image

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America