There's a New Cambodian Political Party in Town

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

There's a New Cambodian Political Party in Town

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Looks like a group of intellectuals have formed yet another new political party.

They will be submitting their request to the Ministry of Interior tomorrow, Monday, August 3, 2015.

Info from: http://www.dap-news.com/2011-06-14-02-3 ... 45-02.html

Engrish:
Spoiler:
Democratic Party will submit a request to create a party to the Interior Ministry tomorrow
Sunday, 02 August 2015 11:43 By: DAP (DAP) -ID: 099 E-mail Print PDF
: Some of the local Democratic Party, which is the founder and president of the Association of many intellectuals, will submit a formal letter to the Ministry of Interior to request the establishment of the party on Monday, 3 August 2015 tomorrow.

Told reporters during a recess foods of programs meeting created Democratic Party based on 2 August in the village pongpeay neighborhood Penh Thmey, Khan Sen Mr. Sama internet member Democratic Party base, said on Monday, tomorrow, "I will put a letter to the Interior Ministry to request a party."

The meeting also elected representatives of the commune Party, elected representatives of women and youth and provide reliable electoral interim committee of the party. Elected vice president, secretary and treasurer.

Democratic Party base and the presence
(August 02, 2015, 9:58 am)
Published: Sunday, 02 August 2015, the Democratic Party (-GDP), which is a whole new political parties in Cambodia Born out of a chunk of intellectuals and leaders of civil society organizations has shown its presence as an official after party leaders act to build a reputation with all citizens For nearly a year ago.
Start at 8 am at home, No. 38, 1972 pongpeay Sen Sok district. Meanwhile, the presence of a new party will also hold a press conference to reveal the information and also the public at 2 pm the same day.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: There's a New Cambodian Political Party in Town

Post by General Mackevili »

This has made it to the Khmer Times:

PHNOM PENH (Khmer Times) – The question of whether or not the Khmer for Khmer movement was political was answered yesterday with the official launch of a new political party – the Grassroots Democratic Party (GDP).

The GDP, which comprises Khmer for Khmer’s founding members, will register with the Ministry of Interior today, its newly elected president Yeng Virak said. The party will contest seats in the commune elections scheduled for 2017 as well as the national election slated for the following year, he added.

...continued...

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/13967/ ... f-hope---/
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

OK, and what party is the King's brother in. I saw dozens of his pictures along the road from PP to Siem Reap today. My girlfriend tried to explain but she didn't get far.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

The Grassroots? High hopes.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

hanno wrote:OK, and what party is the King's brother in. I saw dozens of his pictures along the road from PP to Siem Reap today. My girlfriend tried to explain but she didn't get far.
He is back with FUNCINPEC, they are a very forgiving lot, and have decided to overlook his past transgressions. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I always see many polictical parties are born when the national election is coming soon then most them disappear after election. How about this one? How long it can survive ?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

takeoman wrote:
hanno wrote:OK, and what party is the King's brother in. I saw dozens of his pictures along the road from PP to Siem Reap today. My girlfriend tried to explain but she didn't get far.
He is back with FUNCINPEC, they are a very forgiving lot, and have decided to overlook his past transgressions. :hattip:

OK, thanks. My GF said it was a new party....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic