A graphic look at anxiety...

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

A graphic look at anxiety...

Post by Anchor Moy »

Yeah, that was some stupid joke. :roll:
And more...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/you- ... .ugow0rda4
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: A graphic look at anxiety...

Post by vladimir »

I have a lot of anxiety about that pie chart not being round.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

It's not that far off to be fair... in my late 20s I was having a miserable time. Permanently angry, sometimes a touch manic, suicidal, etc. I thought I was depressed. Went to the Doctor's at my partner's urging (possibly insistence) and went through a diagnostic. Came back with anxiety.

It made absolute sense when I examined the way I felt but it had never occurred to me that it could be anxiety - I am incredibly self-confident and outgoing.

A course of beta blockers followed, along with the scariest most awful hallucinations known to man. But... they allowed me to develop a coping mechanism, I learned to distract myself as my anxiety started to rise and focus on something else. It's not perfect and it's made it much harder to quit smoking (dealing with physical withdrawal is easy - but about a week after that... my anxiety levels start to spike viciously and even 4-6 months down the line, it gets no better - and I've returned to the smokes each time because of it - there's only so long you can use Xanax to keep calm without becoming addicted...) but it is something.

If someone had told me that anxiety could be crippling to your emotional and mental welfare before I had been diagnosed; I think I would have laughed.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Good post, Grinch.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic