Raffles Montessori Int. School Responds to Allegations

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Raffles Montessori Int. School Responds to Allegations

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: A couple weeks ago, there were a few pictures of a naked boy with some red marks on his bottom posted and shared on Facebook. It’s believed that he was beaten up by his teacher at RAFFLES MONTESSORI International School of Phnom Penh. According to that source, it’s believed that the boy was brought by his teacher to the toilet where he later was beaten up.

In response to that accusation on Facebook that accused the teacher of RAFFLES MONTESSORI International School of Phnom Penh beating the student in the bathroom, the school has issued a few letters and posted on Facebook to confirm that it was not true.

Raffles Montessori International School of Phnom Penh is an International school which was recognized by Raffles Montessori Singapore and has the same standards with the Raffles Montessori School Singapore.

All teachers at Raffles Montessori are native speakers of English and all the teaching assistants and babysitters were trained in pedagogy. Everywhere in the school building is equipped with security cameras to assure the security of the students.

Source: http://www.dap-news.com/2011-06-14-02-3 ... ri-lr.html

Engrish:
Spoiler:
Raffles Montessori School issued a statement related information, teachers assess students in bathroom
Friday, 24 July 2015 11:20 By: DAP ID-141 E-mail Print PDF
Phnom Penh: The response on the allegations on the social network Facebook that the teacher took students to a fight in the school bathroom RafflesMontessori International School of Phnom Penh confirmed that news is not true.

School RafflesMontessori International School of Phnom Penh international order that are recognized from license RafflesMontessori-Singapore and lawfully in accordance with standards of teaching school RafflesMontessori-Singapore.

Teachers are all native English speaking teachers and assistant teachers and caregivers all have pedagogical training properly. All of the school's buildings RafflesMontessori International School of Phnom Penh have been equipped with a security camera and under a strict management to ensure better safety for students.

Here is the full statement, which stated the following details:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Raffles Montessori Int. School Responds to Allegations

Post by StroppyChops »

Here we go again... 'trained in pedagogy'?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

name of teacher please?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There was also an apology letter posted, apparently written by the person who accused the teachers at the school of beating their child.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

My kids go to this school
And I can honestly say that it is excellent. Never had any issue and the school is well run.

The amount of people that believe everything as true just because it is on Facebook is astonishing.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

StroppyChops wrote:Here we go again... 'trained in pedagogy'?
Amusingly a few years back I worked for a charity in the UK which supported educational establishments. I kept hearing the word "pedagogy" being utterly abused by people in the profession... but I kept my gob shut so as to keep working relationships in harmony. I did, however, tell my own staff not to use the word until they'd looked it up in the dictionary.

They held a conference that year attended by the Minister of Education (Hazel Blears if memory serves). The first 15 minutes of her speech was spent trying to explain the word "pedagogy" because she kept hearing so many people in the practice of education using it wrongly. Looks like it hasn't stuck and the practice has now escaped the UK... no surprises with a Montessori school really.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Here we go again... 'trained in pedagogy'?
Amusingly a few years back I worked for a charity in the UK which supported educational establishments. I kept hearing the word "pedagogy" being utterly abused by people in the profession... but I kept my gob shut so as to keep working relationships in harmony. I did, however, tell my own staff not to use the word until they'd looked it up in the dictionary.

They held a conference that year attended by the Minister of Education (Hazel Blears if memory serves). The first 15 minutes of her speech was spent trying to explain the word "pedagogy" because she kept hearing so many people in the practice of education using it wrongly. Looks like it hasn't stuck and the practice has now escaped the UK... no surprises with a Montessori school really.
Usually a basic mistake by a new player.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Everywhere in the school building is equipped with security cameras to assure the security of the students.
Including the toilets?

Creepy, man.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic