Laptop vs. Tablet

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Laptop vs. Tablet

Post by phuketrichard »

i only use a tablet when i am traveling ( like last trip to Burma) cause its to dam much hassle to take a laptop
took my small asus 7" tablet ( its only $110 here in Phuket) which was fine using a local sim card to get and respond to emails an basic web surfing
Burma has internet pretty much where ever i have been
not the fastest in the world but.....

PS; i also didn't bother taking my kindle, as the asus tablet has the kindle app for reading an it works great!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah the appeal of a tablet is great for me as i do a lot of traveling, whilst my laptop fits in my rucksack fine its a 13" so not too big and not too small, if i was to get a tablet it would be one of the bigger ones anything smaller i can just use my phone
im just tired of my taptop overheating and being laggy, mainly due to google chrome opening so many processes in task manager, and tablets are a lot more portable, but im so used to laptops and windows, im probs going to get a tablet for when i return to the kingdom (would probably be cheaper buying one there?) but knowing me ill end up bringing my laptop as well if it still works lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:yeah the appeal of a tablet is great for me as i do a lot of traveling, whilst my laptop fits in my rucksack fine its a 13" so not too big and not too small, if i was to get a tablet it would be one of the bigger ones anything smaller i can just use my phone
im just tired of my taptop overheating and being laggy, mainly due to google chrome opening so many processes in task manager, and tablets are a lot more portable, but im so used to laptops and windows, im probs going to get a tablet for when i return to the kingdom (would probably be cheaper buying one there?) but knowing me ill end up bringing my laptop as well if it still works lol
FYI Samsung Tab 4 10.1" new $325 from numerous outlets around Central Market. DIdn't notice how much 12" Notes were, I wasn't looking for them.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hey thanks :)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic