How do you earn a living in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ryoon
Expatriate

Re: How do you earn a living in Cambodia?

Post by ryoon »

Doing highly specialized work which cannot be delegated, for a Khmer company.
In my case I can work in most of SE
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

I am paid by the word to make forum posts
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Rain Dog wrote:I am paid by the word to make forum posts
I saw on Twitter that the other forum pays $50 for 800 word front page articles. Cha-Ching $$$.

I wonder if I just submitted the phrase "F*ck off" 400 times in an article, would they would still pay me?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Rain Dog wrote:I am paid by the word to make forum posts
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

FreeSocrates! wrote:Online publishing.

Most of my income comes from Google Adsense and is somewhat passive.

One advantage is I can go anywhere, when I get tired of Cambodia I go live in another country for a few months... lately I've been thinking about going to Malaysia for 3 months.

A massive disadvantage is it's quite solitary work.
I love solitary work and I have been looking at online publishing and advertising niches for the past few years, but never taking that first step and actually trying. It seems that there is a new niche everyday. I think you mentioned that you have been doing this for 8 years + now?

I would love to talk to you through PM about what you do and how you actually make decent money off Google AS.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

sure wrote:Work in Drilling, on a 2week/2week cycle so im a free bird
How did you get into this? Pays well I hear.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

I am a Trainer, I also teach and occasionally lecture, in the UK. I have a couple of small business ideas for my forthcoming time in SEA and will retain some interests here.

I have just turned 50, so I am on course for the previous post about 20 years of Schooling, 30 years of Working, followed by 20 years of Retiring. After that point, well that is dementia time.

I met an interesting man on my last visit, who still works on a consultancy basis but enjoys his time cooking and entertaining friends. Lets protect his identity and just call him Cat-Man. I think he currently enjoys the life I am looking for. Don't get me wrong I enjoy life in the UK but now I want something of an adventure and for a few years, escape Wigan and the smell of wet kids.

:thumb:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if u all want to see how some people in asia live/work ( many in Bangkok) and think/work out of the box using the internet

They will show you how to earn a small fortune. I highly recommend this site. it is not cheap but a 1 month investment is well worth it.

I have an account and how these guys earn money will amaze you, all can be done anywhere u have an internet.

Here is a review; http://www.ianfernando.com/2012/affilia ... hat-money/

this is another one to help you get started,
Read thru this and follow his directions.

You wont make$$ overnight but as with anything online there is a snow ball affect. .
NO $$ investment involved, no classes, only u viewing p*rn either :Yahoo!: or :shock: or :plus1: or :facepalm:

Think OUTSIDE the box

http://10dollarsdaily.com/2014/03/creat ... ni-empire/ :good:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic