Political tactic for the people

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Political tactic for the people

Post by frank lee bent »

I heard an interesting idea- support for Sanders by Democrats, and for Trump by Republicans is purely a rejection of the two dynastic machine candidates by the electorate.

The indications are that Trump's major popularity is not due to his ideas, but instead, the fact that he is not Jeb.

Same for Bernie and Hills.

So the idea is, that whatever your party alignment, just support the "other" candidate in the primaries.

Seems like it could work!

Pretty amazing either party would run a bush or clinton- symptomatic of the ills of USA really.

Other countries are not much better.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Political tactic for the people

Post by Sailorman »

Dr. Ben Carson for President! Watch him on youtube giving a speech at a "prayer breakfast", dumping on the Obamanation and Obama-Iben-Lying has to set there and take it. The Republican party won't back him as he's not an attorney or beholding to the bar associations and big corporations.
GonzoBobH
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Political tactic for the people

Post by GonzoBobH »

Sailorman wrote:Dr. Ben Carson for President! Watch him on youtube giving a speech at a "prayer breakfast", dumping on the Obamanation and Obama-Iben-Lying has to set there and take it. The Republican party won't back him as he's not an attorney or beholding to the bar associations and big corporations.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... bVMCCjD_MI
Carson said: "That’s not to say Carson doesn’t favor expanding health coverage. “I think everyone should be insured. That’s your take-home point. Write that down."
I asked a Republican, bible thumping coworker of mine (whom I was good friends with) who also had (like me) free military healthcare for life this: Hypthetically, if the government could give every American totally free heathcare, would she approve of that? Without thinking, her adament response was, Hell no! My thought, Go figure ya Foxnews drunkard, haha.
Carson said: “What I prefer is to create mechanisms whereby all people can move upward,” Carson said. And take his thoughts on education.

“If you happen to be in an affluent community, there’s a lot more money for the schools, better facilities, everything. All that does is perpetuate the situation,” he told me. “Wouldn’t it make more sense to put the money in a pot and redistribute it throughout the country so that public schools are equal, whether you’re in a poor area or a wealthy area?”
Might a wealthy person object to funding a school system in a poor community on the other side of the country?
“I have never heard a wealthy person say that,” Carson said. “And I have talked to a lot of wealthy people.”
Poor guy. Reminds me of the racist joke, What do you call a wealthy black doctor who has his PhD and a law degree?

Does Carson really think those gated-community-Whities want him living in the their neighborhoods? (Hint: Not a rhetorical question!)

GBH

To quote Lou Reed, "Love them olored girls."
It's all foma ~ kv
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic