Nice to see how we line up... OUR STATS!!!!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hugh Briss
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Nice to see how we line up... OUR STATS!!!!

Post by Hugh Briss »

OrangeDragon wrote: I thought we'd let our users (and advertisers) know that they're not wasting their time by being here.
This x 10

valuable quantitative info to have.
“JFK was far from perfect, but he was a true wit and a sex machine, and he knew how to wear a pair of shades." Bill Maher
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

Good to see how CEO is faring! Good job.

Regarding Hotdigr's comment, while it is legitimate for analytics to compare CEO with other sites, I thought it was clearly said that resentment against K440 and its owner would be confined to existing K440 rant threads.
I'm on both sites and I don't hide it, though I'm arguably more active on 440 at the moment. I would really like for grievance to not spill over into non-440-rant related threads. Thanks.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Joon wrote:Good to see how CEO is faring! Good job.

Regarding Hotdigr's comment, while it is legitimate for analytics to compare CEO with other sites, I thought it was clearly said that resentment against K440 and its owner would be confined to existing K440 rant threads.
I'm on both sites and I don't hide it, though I'm arguably more active on 440 at the moment. I would really like for grievance to not spill over into non-440-rant related threads. Thanks.
Yeah this wasn't really means as a grievance thread, only a this is how we look next to a site that's been here for a decade... which happens to be them. As I said, I'd love to see how we rank up next to the others like ThaiVisa and CPN... but those stats aren't available.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Joon wrote:Good to see how CEO is faring! Good job.

I'd really like it if this site stood next to it's original intention of being anti-censorship. I could care less what gets posted to what thread; it's this principle that matters and why I believe at least quite a few are here.

There was one comment made about the Draconian Sith Lord in this thread, please get over it and move on.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

FreeSocrates! wrote:I'd really like it if this site stood next to it's original intention of being anti-censorship. I could care less what gets posted to what thread; it's this principle that matters and why I believe at least quite a few are here.
This. I'm a believer in freedom of speech as long as it's not stomping on anyone else's rights. The 440 flaming is not harming anyone, so let it burn itself out. If you're looking for a forum that only posts or discusses what you like, all the time, you're going to be horribly disappointed. Personally I'm well past flaming 440 but I accept that others are still angry. For those who actively post on both sites, learn to balance that for yourself rather than trying to shape the contribution of others. My 20r worth, take it as you find it.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Actually, looking at the CPN homepage they give "some" stats. Looks to be about 800 posts to their yahoo group per month.
We've had 8426 in one month... I feel ok about that... lol.
Joon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Joon »

I'm pointing out a blatant double standard that was discussed in another thread.

While people said they are free to rant because freedom of expression, I replied that I'm free to rant about being annoyed by those rants because freedom of expression.

To which I was told that it was limited to the ranting threads and that if I didn't like it, I just have to stay away from them and not read them. And that's fine, I stayed away. But when the animosity seeps through to other threads, and I point it out, I'm being told to get over it.

If you're gonna uphold freedom of expression and transparency, you're gonna have to uphold it for everyone.

And I'll be out now. Sorry for contributing in derailing this thread a bit, OD.

There is a lot of enthusiasm from "founding" members. Regarding posts count, your true test will be the year-on-year increase, OD ;)
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Joon wrote: There is a lot of enthusiasm from "founding" members. Regarding posts count, your true test will be the year-on-year increase, OD ;)
Very true. But I'll say that in this generation of FB/etc where forums in general are sort of becoming a lost art... it's nice to see it grow so much so fast.

As it is, we have nearly exclusively previous/current 440 people here, and it's one of the largest and longest forums for this country. It's going to come up in conversation... just as CPN,ThaiVisa, LIC, etc come up in conversation there... usually in a slagging tone. Though I seriously doubt you'd chastise the users there for remarking on them, or even talking shit on them... I know in the past I've never seen such chastization. And... people are free to talk shit on those two here as well (from what I've seen, there's plenty of shit to be talked about both from time to time). Just now there's one more, and more relevant to the member base, that's going to come up for a while. We're working on getting people NOT from 440 on here as well, to thin this out and help to decrease the instance of it... but SOME is likely inevitable. We do try and curb it, and keep it there, but sometimes a statement is relevant to the topic at hand (by the posters perspective) and so we let it slide. Worse is when such comment gets so much attention that it becomes an entire completely unrelated page of the topic.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Joon wrote:There is a lot of enthusiasm from "founding" members.
There's a lot to be enthusiastic about! Even the point that we can disagree, yet share the same space quite happily...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Joon wrote:I'm pointing out a blatant double standard that was discussed in another thread.
While I completely see your point, this thread really had nothing to do with K440 in particular.

Personally, the fact that we're using them as a "benchmark" is nothing short of a direct compliment to them. Seriously.

They have done a great job over the past 11 years, so it's the biggest site to compare it to.

This definitely wasn't started to insult them in any way, and i thought it was clear that OD pointed out they're obviously ahead in numbers.

Anyways, he only posted it to show people our numbers who might be interested.

Point taken, but I definitely don't see this as a double standard.

Hope you understand.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic