Sundance On 172

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
JessB52
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Sundance On 172

Post by JessB52 »

SockPuppet wrote:I agree. Cheap drinks, nice bar and you can sit by the pool. If you are lucky one night you might see a nicely dressed gentleman that comes for a swim - fully dressed
If I'm thinking of the same guy he went mental last year and got deported. He was a nice chap though.
Cambodia's answer to Bet Lynch

https://www.facebook.com/JessatQuealys
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Sundance has good gravy... I think it's packaged kind from Thai Hutt, but I still like it...
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

It's good. Not great. Not bad. But good. Plenty of competitive lodging options.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

How is the food at Sundance? Their website doens't provide very much information about food at all, and yes I know that's a bit of an understatement. What kind of food would you recommend?
Jaap_N.

Post by Jaap_N. »

Bump. I have to eat somewhere tonight. Lol
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I think they have an "all you can eat" wings each week. I can't say how good the food is as every time i have consumed it was after a number of those cheap mixed drinks they sell.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Jaap_N. wrote:Bump. I have to eat somewhere tonight. Lol
The place I like to eat in that area is Chat n Chew across the road from Sundance. Their beef Wellington is a favourite of mine.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

only had breakfast there , not bad but the food at lonestar around the corner is better
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

phuketrichard wrote:only had breakfast there , not bad but the food at lonestar around the corner is better
For sure about Lonestar. I love their ribs+ 2 sides for $7.

Sundance is a great bar and the owners and staff their rock. Usually a decent mix of people, never much trouble. Nice pool area to lounge around in out back.

It is indeed a pretty nice watering hole. Live music at times as well. It is also right there around all the other riverside pubs so a great bar to hop to and from.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Is that a reasonable serve of ribs or do you find yourself thinking about ordering a second plate?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic