What khmer in general doesn't know about westerner?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Re: What khmer in general doesn't know about westerner?

Post by AE86 »

I moved back to L.A. a while ago but am deciding against it. I realized that I'd rather be back in Asia so I'm in the process of deciding where to go and settle down for now.

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: Dang. How bout a cup coffee. I'll buy.
Soy coffee? ;)
-insert signature here
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

AE86 wrote:I moved back to L.A. a while ago but am deciding against it. I realized that I'd rather be back in Asia so I'm in the process of deciding where to go and settle down for now.

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: Dang. How bout a cup coffee. I'll buy.
Soy coffee? ;)
Heck no. Hehe, you can pick, Ill buy.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Samouth wrote:
To apply for tourist visa to Australia, all the same documents are required, but the different is that in our bank account must have at least 5000 dollar in it. :(
they also say this about english people also, but i never had to prove any financial documents regards to money in the bank etc, i actually last entered the country in february with $0 in the bank and about -$2000 on my credit card, and they still let me in,
i never even had to actually prove via documents regards to my criminal record either i just told them my record when applying (which isnt the best) and it got accepted, i got pulled over for checks at the border in immigration but all they did was question me regards to my record and didnt have to show any documentation, genuinely thought i was going to get flown back to cambodia and denied immigration but they seemed pretty relaxed and friendly tbh i could have been a serial killer rapist pedophile for all they knew
Anchor Moy wrote:Thing is Jamie, you took the risk of possibly being deported BUT you have a UK passport. Anyone rocking up to Australian immigration with a Cambodian passport should be prepared to back everything up with papers. Even then, they may not let you in.
For Aussie immigration : Cambodian = boat person. You are there to keep them out, not to let them in. :no:

It's not fair, but all passports are not treated equally.
Hey Jamie, i think Anchor Moy pretty much has written what i wanted too. Cambodian passport has not power at all.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

AE86 wrote:My wife got denied a visa three times to the U.S. despite all docs in order and a lot more money than $3k in the bank. Wasn't until the 4th time that she was approved and finally got through. Sometimes immigration are just assholes.
Is that before or after you guy got married ? MY cousin has been rejected a few times too, just like your wife case, he has all the documents and even had a sponsorship letter from our relative in the US, but still rejected. It is actually the waste of money.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic