Russian murdered and tossed into creek near Otress Beach

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Russian murdered and tossed into creek near Otress Beach

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A foreigner found dead in the creek along the road to Otress in Sihanoukville

Sihanoukvillle: According to the correspondent of Koh Santepheap, there was a foreigner found dead in the creek along the road to Otress located in group number 6, village number 6, and district number 4, Sihnoukville by the villager.

The dead body had been found around 4:00 pm on 19 July 2015. Police is investing and checking the dead body and the cause of the death has not identified yet.

Graphic
Spoiler:
Source: http://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/124678.html
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A foreigner found dead in the creek along the road to Ot

More information

Sihnoukville: Police said, the victim was Russian man and he had his throat sliced and tossed into the creek near Otress beach. Police has determined the suspect and is trying to arrest the suspect.

Graphic
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Source: Huy Bunleng
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Russian murdered and tossed into creek near Otress Beach

Police said, there was a murder on Russian man which happened at the street to Otress Beach located in group number 6, villager number 6, and district number 4, Sihanoukville province. Police suspected that it was the revenge.

Police confirmed, the victim name GONCHAROV DENIS, Male, 29 years old, Russian, DOB 29/10/1986. He was staying in group 27, village number 5, and district number 4, Sihanoukville.

This murder happened on 18, July 2015 and the dead body had been seen around 3:05 pm on 19 July 2015 by villager and they reported it to police.

After checking the dead body, police assumed that he had been killed by slice off throat.

Source: http://www.arey-news.com/article/98082

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Obviously suicide.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Bhodi
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Bhodi »

Boy I sure am glad I never check this website before my first trips to Cambodia because had I after reading such things like this I would be kind of scared mind you this is the targeted attack and I don't make enemies like that but still
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

I don’t live in Cambodia (I’m next door in Thailand ) but over the past 12 years I have visited Sihanoukville many times. I used to like it so much that 7 to 8 years ago I came close to moving there to live.
So as an outsider this might sound like a naive question but what kind of activities could this young 29-year-old been involved in to die this way? Is it most likely to have been another Russian or a Khmer person who did it?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

heart attack clearly
GonzoBobH
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GonzoBobH »

Ouch. If only he knew how to swim :please:
It's all foma ~ kv
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

It's clear that this gentleman had forgotten to have a shave when he left the house in the morning. So he stopped to rectify this by having a shave in the river, sadly, without a mirror to gaze upon - he accidentally slit his own throat and then his body tumbled into the river.

Next time he'll buy Gillette rather than those cheap but lethal Bic safety razors.

*This post was brought to you by the Mach 3 - the latest and most ridiculous "shaving solution" known to man*
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

obelisks wrote:I don’t live in Cambodia (I’m next door in Thailand ) but over the past 12 years I have visited Sihanoukville many times. I used to like it so much that 7 to 8 years ago I came close to moving there to live.
So as an outsider this might sound like a naive question but what kind of activities could this young 29-year-old been involved in to die this way? Is it most likely to have been another Russian or a Khmer person who did it?
It's pretty rare, most people here die from misadventure of some sort. He must have really pissed someone off. Street robbery would more likely be a stab to the chest/abdomen or beating and you'd be left to die where it happened, not dumped. Could be khmer or the YUON, the petty Russian hoods here seem to have guns. Wherever he was killed it would leave a big blood stain.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic