The cheapest Sim cards!!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

The cheapest Sim cards!!

Post by prahkeitouj »

This morning I went to market with my mum and saw a woman was carrying a basket of Sim cards. She called me to buy, but I said No! Then I heard another woman asked her how much is it? The seller said 1000 riel for each. I was so surprised. The buyer bagained 2=1500 riel. I ask the seller" don't I need to copy my ID card?"
She said No!
It is really stupid that we can buy Sim card without ID card!!!

កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: The cheapest Sim cards!!

Post by Username Taken »

Maybe they're desperate for new customers.

- Free sim cards.
- Pay $1 and get $18 credit.
- etc.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Username Taken wrote:Maybe they're desperate for new customers.

- Free sim cards.
- Pay $1 and get $18 credit.
- etc.
I don't know how to exchange money. I saw many kind of Sim cards but I bought it because most of my friends use it . They allways ask me if I have Smart? And they said internet better than XG.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

prahkeitouj wrote:It is really stupid that we can buy Sim card without ID card!!!
Why?

Would you prefer if you needed to show your ID to post on this forum as well?
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

BOFH wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:It is really stupid that we can buy Sim card without ID card!!!
Why?

Would you prefer if you needed to show your ID to post on this forum as well?
I don't think I'll show my ID to this forum. I like the freedom of speech here.
I think buying sim card without ID cards is stupid because when people can buy sim cards without ID cards, they can use the numbers to do bad things easily such kidnap or scam.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic