A new way of parking

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

A new way of parking

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Aiming to relieve congestion and standardise parking fees in the capital, Sonatra Carling, a Cambodian-Japanese joint venture, has invested $3 million into Cambodia’s first automated car parking system.

The new initiative is being piloted nearby Wat Ounalom, and secures cars in orderly parking spots while measuring the amount of time each vehicle spends in a parking space.

This week, Post reporter Sok Chan, sat down with the firm’s co-founder and CEO, Tetsuji Nagata to talk about his visions for the business.
continue reading... http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/new-way-parking
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: A new way of parking

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I never thought, until I lived here, that I would welcome the introduction of traffic wardens but I am thoroughly pissed off with pavement parking... it turns every walk into a dangerous exercise. This project is a tiny step in the right direction but now Phnom Penh needs to unleash some wardens to encourage selfish drivers to start paying for parking.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Could do with some Meter Maids from Australia's Gold Coast / Surfer's Paradise.

:crazy:
GonzoBobH
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GonzoBobH »

I could totally see this in Snookiville. :pardon:
It's all foma ~ kv
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Username Taken wrote:Meter Maids from Australia's Gold Coast / Surfer's Paradise.
I used to go out with a girl who was a bikini meter-maid in Surfers for a while, worst job she ever had apparently, guys would just be constantly hitting on them and treating them like ho's, and there used to be a few creeps that would stalk them around town all day long, she resigned after a few weeks. Saw her on the cover of FHM about a year after we broke up, lovely girl.

Back on topic...I don't think regular parking solutions like parking buildings, etc. that are used in developed nations would do well here, too many self-entitled pricks who think they deserve VIP treatment and would turn their noses up at the thought of having to park more than 10 metres away from where they want to go.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

What about investing in some roads and the repair there of instead of some scam to make money.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Back on topic...I don't think regular parking solutions like parking buildings, etc. that are used in developed nations would do well here, too many self-entitled pricks who think they deserve VIP treatment and would turn their noses up at the thought of having to park more than 10 metres away from where they want to go.
I was thinking the same thing, it normalizes them with others and doesn't make them feel special. I remember I'd often park my $75 Daihatsu next to a several hundred thousand dollar Mercedes when I went to the city, but here I think that would never go down well. Can you see some Bong Thom in a Lexus parking next to a Tico in an orderly and courteous fashion?
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic