Facebook jail

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
LTO
Expatriate

Re: Facebook jail

Post by LTO »

Sailorman wrote:American Embassies only job is to roll out the red carpet for congressman and US politicians, and as a good 'ol boys/girls club for state department dweebs. "Please pass the bourbon n' branch-water."
And issue passports, as well as a few other documents.

But your assessment of their responsibilities is probably closer to reality than those who think their job is to pass out strawberry snowcones to those of us who forgot to pack our snowcone machines, or rescue tourists from local laws or themselves like the lady in the OP.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

I am fond of sailorman's gay chinese water guns collection in Arakansas.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

LTO wrote:
Sailorman wrote:American Embassies only job is to roll out the red carpet for congressman and US politicians, and as a good 'ol boys/girls club for state department dweebs. "Please pass the bourbon n' branch-water."
And issue passports, as well as a few other documents.
Jesus, next you'll be expecting them to work.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

vladimir wrote:Don't, LTO doesn't like reality when it doesn't suit his bros
You talk to much.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I'm surprised you talk at all, since most life forms need a brain to do that.

Then again, you are American.
Bhodi
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Bhodi »

Sorry but I have no sympathy for her she's been there a long time and she should've known better UAE is a primitive shit hole. I remember the very first time I went to southeast Asia I made it a point to learn about weirdo rules and laws and how to deal with the authorities. When I travel I'm not stupid enough to bring my Western privilege. Their country their rules an intelligent person would have been quite aware she apparently is quite clueless
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

She was pointing out an arsehole who blocked 2 handicapped parking places, not deriding Islam or streaking. I would say she was doing a public service.

Interesting how some people can say she deserves what she gets, but plead for the lives of scumbag drug dealers in Indonesia, no consistency.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

vladimir wrote:She was pointing out an arsehole who blocked 2 handicapped parking places, not deriding Islam or streaking. I would say she was doing a public service.

Interesting how some people can say she deserves what she gets, but plead for the lives of scumbag drug dealers in Indonesia, no consistency.
No, she was embarrassing a member of the royal family which is why she's now leaving the country. I think there's a bit of a difference between a free trip home and being shot but clearly the sense of drama of this occasion is going to your head here.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

The royal family member involved is an arsehole anyway.

Did she know it was a royal family member?

Getting a free trip out of sand-land, wow, that must hurt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic