Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Kind foreigner left $100 for the person who crashed him

Post by Anchor Moy »

Well, I think it was a generous gesture, and also a way to leave the scene gracefully, w/out worrying about cops or mobs.
And who knows, maybe the "kind foreigner" was also drunk which explains why he left such a large tip (and didn't want to stick around )?
Anyway, good for him. His money, his call. No harm done.

Don't see why people are outraged; it's not like it's going to catch on, and it's not going to encourage drunk drivers, but maybe it helped the drunk guy's family. After all, they would probably be the ones who would have to pay for his stupidity. Now, they can beat him up once he gets out of hospital. Fair enough.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Thanks for the Tuesday going to be Wednesday midnight sermon,
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

kiwiincambodia wrote:I understand what you are saying but I have no sympathy for anyone who drives drunk.

He decided to drive drunk and not only put his life but innocent people's lives in danger. I'm glad the idiot only hurt himself and no one else. If it was me I would have left him on the side of the road to fend for himself and if he dies from it the only blame can fall on him as he decided to drive drunk in the first place.

And before anyone starts, this would be my reaction anywhere in the world.

He chose to drive drunk so he should face the consequences, in any western country he would be dragged off to court as soon as he was out of the hospital to face even more penalties.
I'm with you on this one bro...I have no time for drunk drivers, I have had friends killed/seriously injured (myself included) by drunk drivers. It's one thing to put yourself at risk, but to put others at risk is inexcusable.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

flying chicken wrote:Maori cunt...
I realise you're probably drunk as a skunk and you've got a sense of humour that only you understand, that may or may not have been intended as a racist comment, however I suggest you watch what you say in the future. I don't condone violence and I usually avoid physical conflict whenever possible, but if you said that within earshot of me then I would definitely make an exception .
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

Samouth wrote:However i wasn't really drunk that i couldn't drive my motorbike.
Nobody is so drunk until they crash and kill someone.

You should really consider taking a motodop the next time you're out drinking.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Anchor Moy wrote:Well, I think it was a generous gesture, and also a way to leave the scene gracefully, w/out worrying about cops or mobs.
And who knows, maybe the "kind foreigner" was also drunk which explains why he left such a large tip (and didn't want to stick around )?
Anyway, good for him. His money, his call. No harm done.

Don't see why people are outraged; it's not like it's going to catch on, and it's not going to encourage drunk drivers, but maybe it helped the drunk guy's family. After all, they would probably be the ones who would have to pay for his stupidity. Now, they can beat him up once he gets out of hospital. Fair enough.
Who knows if he is kind or he was drunk and confused 100$ note with 10 $ note?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:I hope the table will never turn on me as i have been drunk driving a few times. However i wasn't really drunk that i couldn't drive my motorbike. :facepalm: Ok i will convince myself to believe that you guys have never been drunk driving. Only Cambodian does it. :ROFL:
Be careful then.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
flying chicken wrote:Maori cunt...
I realise you're probably drunk as a skunk and you've got a sense of humour that only you understand, that may or may not have been intended as a racist comment, however I suggest you watch what you say in the future. I don't condone violence and I usually avoid physical conflict whenever possible, but if you said that within earshot of me then I would definitely make an exception .
Sorry man, that was stupid of me. Growing up with the natives I am sure my mates back home dont appreciate that idiotic joke too. Peace.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

flying chicken wrote:Sorry man, that was stupid of me. Growing up with the natives I am sure my mates back home dont appreciate that idiotic joke too. Peace.
You're just chicken.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Samouth wrote:Ok i will convince myself to believe that you guys have never been drunk driving. Only Cambodian does it. :ROFL:
I can't speak for everyone, but I've never driven when I've had any amount of alcohol at all at any point during the day/night, even where driving with some alcohol consumption is legal in America. Actually, I've only gotten drunk once outside my home and that was just after my 20th birthday when I became of legal age. Took a taxi home and went back the next day to get my bike.
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic