Troop movements

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Troop movements

Post by frank lee bent »

What is going on with the massive movement of troops around the city around 11 AM? some of the GR guys had their batons in hand when getting onto the trucks- looked like they were heading to chbar ampouv?
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Re: Troop movements

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

Demonstrations against the new NGO law ??? Aljazeera reported something today.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't know why they'd bother for that, it seems zero about people outside of the NGO community give a fuck about it. I'd guess it was round up Yuon time again, which doesn't seem to be an issue with the NGOs who for the most part seem to support the CNRP and their racist policies.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

They have started training early...
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yeah the roundup idea was what worried me and the direction they were heading would suggest just that.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

They were out in force case any of the demonstrations against the LANGO got out of control. Sitting eating my dinner in Iraq and saw it flash up on Al Jazeera.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:They were out in force case any of the demonstrations against the LANGO got out of control. Sitting eating my dinner in Iraq and saw it flash up on Al Jazeera.
The demonstrations against LANGO were attended by about 20 people.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic