Not bootleg DVDs

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
horace
Expatriate
Great Britain

Not bootleg DVDs

Post by horace »

there was some talk a while back about proper regulation and distribution of the real McCoy DVDs, did this happen? If so where can i buy non-copied DVDs as I'm sick and tired of the quality that has been showing up lately?
I recently brought a new player as I thought it must have been the player that was the problem (it was about ten years old) but no same old shit , movies that won't play- disc is corrupt or dirty, movies that just seem to stick.
I know some of you more tech savvy guys download, do you have an idiot prove web site for that? I'm with digi so maybe it won't work so well either, who knows?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Not bootleg DVDs

Post by StroppyChops »

horace wrote:there was some talk a while back about proper regulation and distribution of the real McCoy DVDs, did this happen? If so where can i buy non-copied DVDs as I'm sick and tired of the quality that has been showing up lately?
I recently brought a new player as I thought it must have been the player that was the problem (it was about ten years old) but no same old shit , movies that won't play- disc is corrupt or dirty, movies that just seem to stick.
I know some of you more tech savvy guys download, do you have an idiot prove web site for that? I'm with digi so maybe it won't work so well either, who knows?
horace, hit this http://www.speedtest.net/ and tell us what sort of Internet speed you've got. Don't run any sort of tune up crap that the page offers you, just look for "Begin test"
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

it should be noted that digi has their own torrent servers and you get blazing fast speeds on them. the movies aren't the freshest, and tend to cater to a khmer audience, but most of the major blockbusters end up on there.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

^ ah, well, there you go. Half the problem is solved already.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

If you ask the people working at the shop "is this a good copy?" they will usually tell you if it's garbage. Pretty much anything that is just out or still in theaters has a pretty good chance of being a bad copy. If you wait a month or two and ask the shop, chances are it will be a good copy. And they take returns. I'd say I return 2% which ain't bad odds.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

yify-torrents.com

kickass.to

Choose 1080p versions
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
horace
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by horace »

@ chops , speed of 1.47 Mbps, @ giblet , I have been using the same DVD people for over 15 years and it's the quality of disc not the copy that is the problem, For example when we had gold disc every was good now this blue disc is shit. I've put in old gold discs and everything is good but blues just won't play.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Interesting. The ones we have are all blue and we don't have any problem playing them. Have had two bottom-of-the-line DVD players as well.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

giblet wrote:Interesting. The ones we have are all blue and we don't have any problem playing them. Have had two bottom-of-the-line DVD players as well.
There is huge variation among players and their handling of error correction and reading bad discs. My top of the line Toshiba was absolute scrap compared to some $30 no name players i had accumulated.

For the umpteenth time i urge for recent movies and TV just use Showbox to stream. No need to download on a decent connection.
Using Tapatalk
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

JBTrain wrote:
giblet wrote:No need to download on a decent connection.
Can you explain how watching a streamed movie is not downloading it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic