Going to work when your sick

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Going to work when your sick

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

vladimir wrote:Khmer or expat owner? I think too many people assume that Khmers are the people always ignoring the Labour Law, lot of expats doing it too.
She was working at Rose Bar on 104
i know her from when she used to work at Sorya Mall beer garden/G-pub, they get a decent salary there $200 p/m if i remember correct, although theyre long 12hour shifts 8pm-8am
i think she may be back at the sorya mall beer garden now but not sure
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Barstaff salary or bargirl retainer?

I know a few places that have disproportionately large penalties for missing days that are not booked off well in advance. I can understand why, even if I wouldn't do it as an employer myself.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Jerry Atrick wrote:Barstaff salary or bargirl retainer?

I know a few places that have disproportionately large penalties for missing days that are not booked off well in advance. I can understand why, even if I wouldn't do it as an employer myself.
You can understand why a pimp would illegally deduct (steal) a person's wages if they were too sick to come to work?

Please expound.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Pimp?

What are you talking about?

Yes, I understand why business owners may deduct wages from their staff in the event of them missing work. I may not agree with it, and would not do it myself but I can understand that it may be seen as necessary by some to stop a staff collectively taking the piss.

As for the legality of such a move; well that would depend upon the staff members contract of employment, wouldn't it??
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

kiwiincambodia wrote:...diarrhea or even period cramps (yes, Khmer ladies actually tell you this as why they can't come to work).
I think some people try to find an excuse, but I really understand more than you,guys that being a woman is not easy!!!!!
I also I have this problem when I have period. Can't even sleep. But Never take a day off by telling the boss that I've period. Just tell him, I'm not well. He'll know I must be not fine because I rarely take a day off, only one or two days per year. I wish I could be a man :(
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic