Please post your favorite Cambodian songs

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nightmare.believer
Expatriate
United States of America

Please post your favorite Cambodian songs

Post by nightmare.believer »

I am very interested in the arts and the finer cultural aspects of Cambodia. This is a video of my favorite Cambodian song...I guess it is an oldie. Would you guys please also post great Cambodian songs here so that we can get a nice little collection going? Thanks.

vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Please post your favorite Cambodian songs

Post by vladimir »

My favourite one is the Sound of Silence when the fucking wedding/funeral ends.

By Simple Sai-Mom and Gar-Fuckall.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
SockPuppet
Expatriate
Honduras

Post by SockPuppet »

vladimir wrote:My favourite one is the Sound of Silence when the fucking wedding/funeral ends.

By Simple Sai-Mom and Gar-Fuckall.
there is a wonderful wedding outside of my building right now that provides me with a relaxing background music while I am trying to do some work. So many masterpieces to chose from, let me think for a minute or 1000000

But I also like their music from the 60s - which was very heavily influenced by the western garage music - and when you first hear it you think something like "this is so much better than any of their other stuff" that it becomes your favorite "khmer" music by default
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes
rick o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick o'shea »

Anything by Sin Sisamouth is pretty good, but this is my particular favourite.

rick o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick o'shea »

...and just for the sheer giggle factor. :)

bong.kuit
Expatriate

Post by bong.kuit »

I also have a weakness for the golden era...

...but there have also been a few newer/modern ones that are not bad. (check the views!)

btw, I am new to the board, found it through a site called cambo440 or soething like that. :hattip: :beer3:
Hugh Briss
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Hugh Briss »

My ultimate fave golden era singer not to mention the one I'd most like to bang is the wondrous/sumptuous Pan Ron.

Here is one of her more hauntingly beautiful ditty's, her plaintiff wail at the end is wrenching. A few pic below also....

“JFK was far from perfect, but he was a true wit and a sex machine, and he knew how to wear a pair of shades." Bill Maher
Hugh Briss
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Hugh Briss »

Here's a couple newer ones that have caught my attention.

Krom: The Wire - absolutely beautiful song

Laura Mam: Soben Sneh
“JFK was far from perfect, but he was a true wit and a sex machine, and he knew how to wear a pair of shades." Bill Maher
milkncereal
Expatriate

Post by milkncereal »

it is originally a thai song...but honey sob nob 70 by yuri
Master Donut Baker
Tourist

Post by Master Donut Baker »

what a cutie!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic