Why can't America make free tuition fee school?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: Why can't America make free tuition fee school?

Post by flying chicken »

Well I could probably pay half of it off if the govt allows me to withdraw money from my Kiwisaver retirement account and not let me wait till I am 65 :beer2:
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
GonzoBobH
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GonzoBobH »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... t/3696009/

"The federal government made enough money on student loans over the last year that, if it wanted, it could provide maximum-level Pell Grants of $5,645 to 7.3 million college students.

"The $41.3 billion profit for the 2013 fiscal year is down $3.6 billion from the previous year but it's a higher profit level than all but two companies in the world: Exxon Mobil cleared $44.9 billion in 2012, and Apple cleared $41.7 billion.

[snip]

"...Estimates show more than $1.2 trillion in student loan debt across the nation, more than the nation owes on credit cards...."

:o
It's all foma ~ kv
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

America is breaking apart. Best to abandon an insane asylum.

Problem with being a student in foreign countries is that you won't have permission to work.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

Advocatus Diaboli wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:53 am
Samouth wrote:
I am a bit surprised that many American chose to study in Germany rather than in The States,
I'm pretty sure you got something wrong here.

a) you have to speak German in order to go to school in Germany. Americans don't speak German, they are lucky if they can handle their own language.

b) why would the German tax payer finance the education of an American ?
I'm American and I speak 3 languages, plus Ebonics, so fuk off, biatch!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

In response to a three year old post by a newbie I speak 4 languages.
English
Australian
Drunkenese
Pigin Khmer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic