How to "crash"your cat

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Re: How to "crash"your cat

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

Forgot - weigh the kittens daily. Birth weight should be between 90 and 110 grams. Then they should gain around 15 grams every day otherwise something is wrong. The first 2 days the mother cat produces colostrum - this milk is esp. nutritious, contains a lot of vitamins and immunobiologicals. Therefore it's very important that they get a lot of this kind of mother-milk.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:
vladimir wrote:Lucky, the father, just sits there, as if to say 'Meh'. Look more like rats than cats at this stage.
Careful there vlad. Male cats can be known to kill kittens, even their own. (Google it if you don't believe me).

When our cat had kittens, all except one were killed by a male cat that strayed into our home.
Thanks UT. Thought this thread was getting a bit 'cosy'. :Rose:
Also, watch out for small children treading on/sitting on your kittens when they start to move around the living space.
I still remember when I was about 5 yrs old and my (ex)friend (thank you Tina) trod on one of our tiny kittens by mistake. :whip:
Lol; never forgave her.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

oh don't be a pussy.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

vladimir wrote:oh don't be a pussy.
Good job really. Taught me "unfriend" well before they invented FB.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

The mother and the kittens invaded my only decent suitcase last night and decorated it.

She has now moved them under the stairs, I'm kind of smug about that, because I suggested it to wifey, but she knew better.

Is there anything special we can feed momma cat to help? Milk?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Fish.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

vladimir wrote:Milk?
NOOOOO!!!! Milk is bad for cats as most cats are lactose intolerant. It can actually kill kitten.
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

vladimir wrote:The mother and the kittens invaded my only decent suitcase last night and decorated it.

She has now moved them under the stairs, I'm kind of smug about that, because I suggested it to wifey, but she knew better.

This is cat style - they regularly move their kittens from place A to B and then to C. Problem is: when they move the kittens sometimes they forget one or two. You got to be careful here. If you find such a forgotten kitten, pick it up and turn it around till it begins to shout. Mother will react immediately and only to the shouting of the baby (she doesn't go by smell), picks it up and brings it to the new place.

vladimir wrote:Is there anything special we can feed momma cat to help? Milk?
??? Food has nothing to do with this particular cat behavior. Don't feed the cat milk unless it's lactose free milk (difficult to get in Cambodia). But cooked chicken breast is very good......instant energy.
Tuna or mackerel in oil is also very good.
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

PS: Don't let your children play with the kittens too much. Kittens need a lot of sleep (for the first 10 days they are either drinking milk or they sleep. They need that in order to gain weight.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic