British Tourist Peter Riley Dies in Sihanoukville Bar

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: British Tourist Peter Riley Dies in Sihanoukville Bar

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cause of Peter Riley Cambodia death 'unclear', inquest hears

The exact details surrounding the death of a Jersey man in Cambodia are unclear, an inquest has heard.

Peter Michael Riley, 25, died in Sihanoukville Province in May but police say it is unclear exactly when he died due to the time difference.

Jersey Police were notified of the former Haut Vallee pupil's death on 25 May but said documents from Cambodia were still awaiting translation.

The inquest has been adjourned to allow his body to be released for cremation.

Police told the inquest they could not say who pronounced Mr Riley dead because of differences in procedures between Jersey and Cambodia.

A Home Office forensic pathologist examined Mr Riley's body and concluded there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death.

The cause of death is due to be announced when the inquest resumes.

Hundreds of islanders have paid tribute to Mr Riley, who was believed to be travelling with a friend.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-33102844
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Seems we're not the only ones sceptical of Peter Riley dying from drinking too many beers.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

but police say it is unclear exactly when he died due to the time difference
Police told the inquest they could not say who pronounced Mr Riley dead because of differences in procedures between Jersey and Cambodia
:Bravo: :Bravo:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I believe there is some dispute as to how he could have died 7 hours prior to his death.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Username Taken wrote:I believe there is some dispute as to how he could have died 7 hours prior to his death.
I think Cambodian authorities are blaming that on the time zones, LoL. :facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Username Taken wrote:I believe there is some dispute as to how he could have died 7 hours prior to his death.
Now you're just nit-picking.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jesss
Tourist

Post by Jesss »

To all those people speculating my brothers death it was nothing to do with drugs or anything else he simply was sick in his sleep so all of you weirdo's who have nothing better to than speculate on a strangers death go get a life, why would you post videos of a dead body you sickos! My brother was the nicest guy you would ever meet, so all of you who have speculated that he was on meth or drugs go fuck yourself you bunch of scum bags!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jesss wrote:To all those people speculating my brothers death...
Condolences on your loss.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
GonzoBobH
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GonzoBobH »

It's all foma ~ kv
snookie BRO
Expatriate
Solomon Islands

Post by snookie BRO »

Jesss wrote:To all those people speculating my brothers death it was nothing to do with drugs or anything else he simply was sick in his sleep so all of you weirdo's who have nothing better to than speculate on a strangers death go get a life, why would you post videos of a dead body you sickos! My brother was the nicest guy you would ever meet, so all of you who have speculated that he was on meth or drugs go fuck yourself you bunch of scum bags!
Jesss,

Firstly, i wish you and your Family sincere condolances for the sad loss of your Brother. Unfortunately the Cambodian style news isn't the most tasteful, and this board isn't necessarily censored like your local media might be. If you wish to contact the forum admin to remove images of your Brother, i'm sure they will be open to that.

I'm not trying to defend anyone here, but you've gotta admit that some of the speculation may have been assumed because of previous party antics that were unfortunately captured on video, and linking in all the factors involved. Cambodia doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean reputation with partying tourists either, and there are a lot of tourists who's deaths are drug related. I hope that helps explain those 'speculations'.

Whatever, the poster here can be too direct at times, but i'm sure that everyone here could see that your Brother was a nice guy, and i'm positive that no one wanted to add to the pain you are already suffering from his loss.

May your Brother Rest In Peace. :hattip:
Rider of the storm.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic