German divorcee gets half...literally

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

German divorcee gets half...literally

Post by vladimir »

From RT:

http://rt.com/news/268510-divorce-belon ... ign=chrome

German man cuts his belongings in HALF with power tools to give ex-wife her share in divorce (VIDEO)
Published time: June 20, 2015 08:30
Edited time: June 20, 2015 10:24 Get short URL

Germany, Thrills&Spills
A German man has taken a court order to give his ex-wife half of his property after their divorce somewhat literally. He has cut up his stuff, from a car down to an iPhone, with power tools. He’s now selling his share on eBay.

The identity of the divorced man is unknown, but he goes by the name “Der Juli” online. He posted a YouTube video for a Laura, presumably his former wife, thanking her for “12 beautiful years” together and saying she had earned half of the household. He also claims that his ex was unfaithful.

An iPhone, a flatscreen TV and even an Opel Corsa are all meticulously sawn in half in the video. The man in the clip appears to be the handling power tools quite professionally.

The halves “Der Juli” considers rightfully his are currently for sale on eBay. A total of 16 items are offered. Buyers in need of half a teddy bear, half a bicycle or half a vinyl record of R.E.M. album “Automatic for the People” should keep in mind that shipping is only available in Germany.

Each item has a humorous if disgruntled description. The car is said to be well-preserved for its age, but have signs of wear. “In particular, half is missing,” it says. Of the bed, “Der Juli” writes that, unlike his ex, he cannot say anything bad about it. A set of four half-chairs, he believes, would make a good art installation. And the half-DVD of a German nighttime comedy show he’s selling contains the best sketches, he says.

One of the items is half a motorcycle helmet, which, “Der Juli” says, offers good visibility on the right side. The semi-protective gear is on the head of a tanned man, who appears to be in his 40s, his eyes painted over to make recognition difficult. Presumably, it’s the eponymous seller himself.

It’s not clear whether the divorce story is true or just a hoax. The video has scored over 3.3 million views since its publication on Tuesday, so one way or another, “Der Juli” seems to have made his point.

Splitting everything literally in half is not as uncommon in divorces as you might think.

In 2008, a 76-year-old Serbian farmer, married for 45 years, used a grinding machine to cut in half his farm tools and machines to comply with a court ruling to share the household goods with his ex. He was still thinking about how to split the cow, reports said.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: German divorcee gets half...literally

Post by Sailorman »

Hell, in America they give the wife everything. You can be thrown off your property by a "girlfriend" when she goes to a corrupt judge and gets a "restraining order" against you. You also lose Constitutional rights like the right to keep and bear arms, all without a trial by a jury of your peers. (been there, had that done, lost the shirt off my back and everything else.)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think it's pretty much taken for granted that the guy is going to come off second best in any western country.

I remember a reporter asking Rod Stewart if he was going to remarry after one of his numerous divorces. He said:

Why don't I just buy a huge house for a woman I don't like?

Not sure if that's urban legend or not.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
eriksank
Expatriate

Post by eriksank »

Sailorman wrote:Hell, in America they give the wife everything. You can be thrown off your property by a "girlfriend" when she goes to a corrupt judge and gets a "restraining order" against you. You also lose Constitutional rights like the right to keep and bear arms, all without a trial by a jury of your peers. (been there, had that done, lost the shirt off my back and everything else.)
There's something I have never understood about that kind of situations, because they are highly unlogical. Only men fight. So, you've got a bunch of men using violence in order to impose their feminism onto other men, while there is no real reaction. At the same time, everybody can see that it can only be bluff. How many men are truly willing to risk their lives and die for feminism? It cannot be that many. So, it is just a question of calling their bluff. Well, it hasn't happened yet ... I wonder why?
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Good thing they didn't have any pets.
-insert signature here
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It reminds me of this local case from a few years back:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ation.html
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Divorce...a modern hell. Clips from "divorce corp."

kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Divorce = betting someone half your shit that you will love them forever.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Divorce = betting someone half your shit that you will love them forever.
Depending on country and state it can work out to be more than half. :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic