Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Cambodia

Post by Anchor Moy »

chkwoot wrote:I heard this little ditty on the telly. For some reason it reminded me of Cambodia. Here are the lyrics. Enjoy!:

I dream of little monsters
crawling up my leg.
I fear they’ll come again
if I go to bed.
I wish that something else
would be in my dreams.
Here come those little monsters,
crawling up my leg.
I dream of dying babies
and why do they smile?
I hate those dying babies
why don’t they just die?
Their smiling faces
give me diarrhea.
Please die, you dying babies
in my diarrhea.
My dreams,
my dreams,
my dreams…

-Louis C.K.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/08/i_dream ... e_episode/
That is totally sick, but thank you. :lol:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote:Something similar was quoted by Joseph A. Mussomeli (United States ambassador to Cambodia from 2005 to 2008): "Be careful because Cambodia is the most dangerous place you will ever visit. You will fall in love with it, and eventually it will break your heart."
Kuroneko wrote:
Duncan wrote:A land of hopes and dreams, but like the rebellious teenage child she is, she will not be happy until she destroys herself.
Don't fall in love with her cause she will just break your heart.
Whose quote was that? I know it was one of the female Australian ambassadors to Cambodia but which one?

Don't fuck around with my quote. Do you think I google search what female Australian ambassadors have said, at 3 am in the morning.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
CJM555
Expatriate

Post by CJM555 »

Who knows if you are googilling female Australian Ambassadors at 3 am - this is not the issue.
Googillinging, copying or foundinging former US Ambassador quotes at 4 am, let the peanut gallery decide........ :mrgreen:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm tempted to agree with that somewhat... The problems which it suffers from are increasingly getting to me.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:
chkwoot wrote:I heard this little ditty on the telly. For some reason it reminded me of Cambodia. Here are the lyrics. Enjoy!:

I dream of little monsters
crawling up my leg.
I fear they’ll come again
if I go to bed.
I wish that something else
would be in my dreams.
Here come those little monsters,
crawling up my leg.
I dream of dying babies
and why do they smile?
I hate those dying babies
why don’t they just die?
Their smiling faces
give me diarrhea.
Please die, you dying babies
in my diarrhea.
My dreams,
my dreams,
my dreams…

-Louis C.K.

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/08/i_dream ... e_episode/
That is totally sick, but thank you. :lol:
i enjoyed it :twisted:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

If you boys liked that, then how's this?

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

IraHayes wrote:
hanno wrote:
vladimir wrote:hanno, tell me you don't post while you're running.
All the time:-)

Not really, the one time I do not take a phone with me is when I run.
What happens if they catch you then?
I am too fast for that..../
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Username Taken wrote:Something similar was quoted by Joseph A. Mussomeli (United States ambassador to Cambodia from 2005 to 2008): "Be careful because Cambodia is the most dangerous place you will ever visit. You will fall in love with it, and eventually it will break your heart."
And that was after only 3 years here, (on a lucrative contract including vehicles, drivers, personal guards, servants, a sprawling villa...)

Then again, 2 or 3 years does seem to be about the average length of time it takes the not-cut-out-for-Cambodia type to go from wide-eyed and enthralled to bitterly bonkers.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic