New nasty Scam in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: New nasty Scam in Siem Reap

Post by vladimir »

I'm just amazed that any westerner would believe lemon juice can fix the situation.

Spaghetti trees for sale, PM me.
Last edited by vladimir on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Everybody knows, lemon juice is for electric shock!
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

I heard urine works better. Supposedly it's very effective against these kinds of leeches.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Business this year has been the lowest in the last 3 years. Tour guide and tuk tuk mates spent the last 2-3 months scratching their balls at home.

I ride past the Pub street areas at least 4 times a day but never witness such scam, then again I dont hangout in that area in my 5 years here. Though a couple of months back, an aggressive Pinoy chick went around Sok san road passing out flyers asking people for a minimum of 1000 riel donation to help the poor Khmer children I loudly told her off in both English and Khmer, the motodops joined in as well. The first time I ever got scammed was last year by an old Pinoy man asking for medical help and a bus ticket to seek help from his friend in PP claiming to be Singaporean, gave him 5 he wanted 8, gave him 8 he wanted 15--later on the same day I was reprimanded by a convenient store friend. Saw him again the next day, called him over to have a chat never saw him in my neighborhood since.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate

Post by Advocatus Diaboli »

The scam takes place in the Wat Bo area.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic