CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by Username Taken »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:No explanation given.
Username Taken, you are tech savvy, do you think this could be just a technical problem?
Either that or I think my duff jokes are a threat to their plans for world forum domination.
What OD said.

I don't think they're banning users. Just IP addresses, without considering the consequences of how that really works.

Joke's on them. :plus1:

@Gary - Get a new IP. I'll bet your K440 account is still active. (Better still, just don't bother, if that's how they want to play).
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

Its common knowledge that I had some disagreement with one of the mods awhile ago where he treated to ban me if I didn't contribute more to the site. I told him why I make silly jokes (see the introduction thread on here) and that if they didn't like me then fine, put it to a members vote, if I lose then ban me. They never did get back to me.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Maybe KIR has been scanning CEO threads for people to ban?
I can tell you first hand this is true. My K440 account was deleted because of things I said on this site. I never got an explanation, but I'd have to assume the timing of my posts and my accounts deletion had much to do with it.

Edit: PhucketRichard was the first known case for getting deleted for saying something like "That guy is lame" on LivingInCambodia.com. He was a K440 user for something like 8 years.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

It's a technical glitch folks .i don't believe I'm on The List
Using Tapatalk
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

JBTrain wrote:It's a technical glitch folks .i don't believe I'm on The List
If by technical glitch you mean banning IP addresses without thinking of the shared IP factor, you're probably right. In that way ANYONE can be on "The List" by accident. There's not a technical aspect to this software that a glitch in would cause false bans normally unless someone is rooting around pretty deep in the code of the software and changing a lot of "if false" statements to "if true" statements (and visa versa).
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

"You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address".

This was the message I received when I went to read the forum. I rarely log in, just lurk. This has to be an oversight. Oh well... have to lurk here instead.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Hmmm, maybe they banned an IP which an ISP uses often? I have no clue how this works but it does seem like it might be a glitch.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Well, imagine a place like Murrey's place, where 15 people are using the same IP. Then you ban one of them by IP... everyone is banned. OR you ban another IP and the next time the IP lease at Murrey's place renews they end up with that IP... now everyone there is banned. And so on.

Cambodian ISPs don't have the MASSIVE collection of IP addresses western ones do, so the chances of an IP getting reissued within a small community is pretty high.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Hmmm, maybe they banned an IP which an ISP uses often? I have no clue how this works but it does seem like it might be a glitch.
What happens is that when you connect to the internet via a sim card, you are allocated an IP within an address range owned by that service provider. After you log out, then re-connect some time later, you are allocated a new IP within the same address range.
This morning, using Cellcard sim, my IP was something like 203.144.90.X, this IP was blocked by K4??
After disconnecting and reconnecting, my IP was 203.144.90.Y, this was not blocked.

So, the next person who is assigned the IP 203.144.90.X and tries to connect to K4?? will find themselves blocked.

That's really a silly way to block people though. :facepalm:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Username Taken wrote:K440 reaches new all-time low!

Not even trying to log in. Just wanting to read posts as a guest (i.e general public).

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
just use tor or go to any bar/rest/cafe an use their wireless
doesn't take rocket science if u want to get on.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic