CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Yeah fucking idiots, its pretty damn easy to circumnavigate if you want to. Anyone who watches BBC iPlayer online outside the UK knows exactly how to change their IP address quickly and without notice.

Still think its quite astounding they banned me for it. Sounds like someone had a sense of humour failure today.
I'm staggered they banned you Garry, I never thought your humour was nasty or confrontational. Out of interest did you get any explanation by PM.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

Garry.Crabtree wrote:Yeah fucking idiots, its pretty damn easy to circumnavigate if you want to. Anyone who watches BBC iPlayer online outside the UK knows exactly how to change their IP address quickly and without notice.

Still think its quite astounding they banned me for it. Sounds like someone had a sense of humour failure today.
Just curious: what exactly did you post that pissed them off?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Also curious. As someone else said, your humour was never confrontational and you typically made fun of anything/anyone.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

First post here. I have just been banned also. I don't know why. I have posted about 20 posts in 4 years. :unknown:
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

RogueAnt wrote:First post here. I have just been banned also. I don't know why. I have posted about 20 posts in 4 years. :unknown:
See? You should have posted more! :mrgreen:
Seriously, though, what have you done to deserve this? And: welcome to this board!

Edit: I see you said you don't know why you were banned (yes, it's still early for me, sorry). When was your last post and what was it about, if you don't mind me asking?
Last edited by Jaap N. on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Yeah, welcome aboard!

All K440 refugees can find bottles of water and rehydration packs on their left.

We're glad to see you're still alive!
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Wow... so much for their big Glasnost I guess. Welcome aboards to the newcomers.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

No explanation given.
Username Taken, you are tech savvy, do you think this could be just a technical problem?
Either that or I think my duff jokes are a threat to their plans for world forum domination.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

What it seems like they've done is banned a bunch of commonly shared IP addresses based on having banned the users. The problem is that cambodian ISPs don't have a BIG pool of IPs they use.... so the odds of others getting them is high. On top of that, many of you sometimes post from the same public wifi/etc... and there's a screen where admins can see the other people who post from the same IP as any user. They seem to then be banning all of those users because they think they're sock puppets.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I'm still able to access the site. And I was pretty vocal about my "disappointment" of K440 and some admins, probably mores than many who were banned (though not so much in that CEO thread). I find it hard to believe they'd ban a bunch of posters without them being very vocal (at least once). Maybe KIR has been scanning CEO threads for people to ban? Or maybe Garry was considered to be one of those "bores" KIR always talked about banning? Seems a bit weird, but a technical glitch seems far-fetched. Probably more tooth-ache bans...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic