Slow Internet

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Therapist
Expatriate

Re: Slow Internet

Post by Therapist »

Twiggy wrote:
vladimir wrote:Please replace your government, and restart your computer.
Once you reboot your brain, you will find that the Chinese government will replace your government.

(Translated by online translation. Hope you understand)
I don’t like censorship by governments so I’m trying to help you, but you are giving us mixed messages.

You must overcome your inner conflict.
You can be proud of being Chinese but you don’t have to worship and protect your government.
Twiggy, you’re asking for our help to circumvent the restrictions your government put on you. Patriotism and Nationalism are not the same thing.

This is my last shot at trying to steer you in the right direction. I don’t have enough information about your computer issues to help you in detail.

If you are using TOR and it works sometimes and not other time, your ISP may be using boxes to peek into traffic to detect TOR. They'll intentionally slow down or even block both outbound and inbound traffic.

You may need extra tools and configurations such as Obfuscated Bridges and Pluggable Transports, but we don't know enough about your connectivity environment.

I don’t know if you can translate this page properly, but I hope it helps. Start there and keep reading please.
https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges.html.en
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

frank lee bent wrote:maybe strip out some of the china government spyware on your computer?
every chinese student in the university i worked at in oz was riddled with .gov spyware.
i refused to use their usb's anywhere on my LAN.
security agencies were very interested in some of the payloads.
True that, FLB! :friends:

Even if my mates want to install a secure os e.g. Tails on usb stick or sd card, I recommend burning to non-rewritable DVD since the usb and sd card can be compromised and code injected and rewritten. There’s embedded spyware and firmware discovered every week on Chinese made hardware and no OS is invulnerable, yet.
Twiggy
Expatriate
China

Post by Twiggy »

Therapist wrote: I don’t like censorship by governments so I’m trying to help you, but you are giving us mixed messages.

You must overcome your inner conflict.
You can be proud of being Chinese but you don’t have to worship and protect your government.
Twiggy, you’re asking for our help to circumvent the restrictions your government put on you. Patriotism and Nationalism are not the same thing.

This is my last shot at trying to steer you in the right direction. I don’t have enough information about your computer issues to help you in detail.

If you are using TOR and it works sometimes and not other time, your ISP may be using boxes to peek into traffic to detect TOR. They'll intentionally slow down or even block both outbound and inbound traffic.

You may need extra tools and configurations such as Obfuscated Bridges and Pluggable Transports, but we don't know enough about your connectivity environment.

I don’t know if you can translate this page properly, but I hope it helps. Start there and keep reading please.
https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges.html.en
Yes thank you for try help. Call friend in Australia and found problem. It special TOR and need many adjustment. Now work better.
Twiggy
Expatriate
China

Post by Twiggy »

Oh I forget. One more problem is this board block many many TOR address. Why you do that ? Cause problem like in China.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Twiggy wrote:Oh I forget. One more problem is this board block many many TOR address. Why you do that ? Cause problem like in China.
Just trying to make you feel at home, dah-ling.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Twiggy
Expatriate
China

Post by Twiggy »

vladimir wrote:
Twiggy wrote:Oh I forget. One more problem is this board block many many TOR address. Why you do that ? Cause problem like in China.
Just trying to make you feel at home, dah-ling.
I see, sweetheart.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Can I ask you Twiggy...
what dialect of Chinese do you speak
and what city, town or village do stay now?
:?:
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Easy question...Twiggy?
Or whoever you are...
Twiggy
Expatriate
China

Post by Twiggy »

I from Shanghai speak Wu dialect. Why you ask ?
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

Twiggy wrote:I from Shanghai speak Wu dialect. Why you ask ?
Just curious.
Was hoping you could write something in Chinese or Khmer or something...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic