Oliver Gordon Banks Dies on Tuk-Tuk in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Oliver Gordon Banks Dies on Tuk-Tuk in Phnom Penh, Cambo

Post by General Mackevili »

The weirdest part of this story is that he could have been too drunk to get into Pontoon. That's suspicious...
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

BKL is that Ed Harris in the Nazi uniform? Looks like him(ler).
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

It's Erwin Rommel a.k.a "The desert fox". One of the most amazing generals of the war both on and off the battlefield.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

It's not easy to kill yourself w/alcohol in one night anyway. I bet they'll find some downers in his blood along with the copious quantities of booze. He may have wiggled off the hook after a bargirl dosed him.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:It's Erwin Rommel a.k.a "The desert fox". One of the most amazing generals of the war both on and off the battlefield.
Yes, I know, was taking the piss. He didn't go out very well, did he? Forced suicide, iirc.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

The treatment for too much booze is stomach pump and rehydration and a bit of prayer... mainly because it's often too late to do anything useful for someone when they arrive in hospital. One of my best friends drank his way into hospital at the tender age of 17 and if he hadn't been as big as he was (the guy is nearly 7 foot and built like a tank) they think he'd have died. He downed 3 pints of spirits for a bet at a party (I wasn't there)...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Oliver Gordon (Olly Gordon)'s parents were in the news this week for saving someone's life the day after their son died. Wow, pretty amazing story. His dad had chest pains from the shock of hearing about his son's death, and was rushed to the hospital. The very next day they save the life of a flower delivery guy that was on their doorstop. They say that the delivery guy obviously wouldn't have been in the same place at the same time when he had his heart attack if their son hadn't died.

Grieving parents save delivery man’s life on their doorstep

THE parents of the Glastonbury Festival stage rigger Olly Banks, who died in Cambodia the day before he was due to fly home to Somerset, saved the life of a flower delivery man from Shepton Mallet who dropped dead on their doorstep in Coxley.

Russell Banks, Olly's father, was admitted to A&E after suffering chest pains as a result of grief and shock at the unexpected death of his son. He and his wife returned home around midnight.

The next day he looked out of the window and saw a flower delivery man from Forget Me Knot Florist, Shepton, in the drive. The man, 81-year-old Brian Baker, of Shepton Mallet, collapsed on his doorstep.

Russell said: "My wife started doing CPR and I called 999 and then took over. We could see he was already dead. Caroline was totally traumatised." Between them Caroline and Russell did CPR for 10 minutes until the paramedics arrived.

"We heard sirens and the air ambulance arrived within 10 minutes. It was unreal. One of the paramedics who had come out to me the day before when I had chest pains was there.

"She gave me the news the man was alive. We couldn't believe it. The CPR had saved him. He was dead but the CPR brought him back by keeping oxygen pumping around the brain. The paramedics jump started him and he was taken to Southmead Hospital in Bristol."

Russell had done first aid training 20 years ago but his wife hadn't had any since she was in the Girl Guides.

Russell said: "If our son hadn't died, Brian wouldn't have been on our doorstep at the moment he had the heart attack – he wouldn't be alive. He could have been driving. He is alive because we lost our son – at least we can take something positive from it."

...continued...

Read more at http://www.sheptonmalletjournal.co.uk/T ... pfFmz7Y.99
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I hope I haven't got the same pension advisor as the delivery guy.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic