Selling land

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Selling land

Post by Lonestar »

Bitte Klein stated my thoughts exactly......and probably more eloquently than I could have.

I would not invest in Phnom Penh proper because: I have small money, I think the potential for huge growth is not as high, and the market of people with big money to sell your land to is smaller.

I love the surrounding areas of Phnom Penh. Forget past results........just look at the development that is going on. I am making bets that Phnom Penh will continue to grow, become more expensive.........and thus people will move farther out. I am very comfortable making that wager.

I have many many friends who have realized large gains in the value of their property.......and I can't think of a single friend who has seen their value decrease, or who had their land stolen.

I do think that Cambodia will become like Thailand........and, I think it will develop much faster than Thailand did. I have already seen 20 years of development in the last 5 years in Cambodia. It is happening at the speed of light.

BTW, I also think that making 6%-10% on a fixed deposit is a great investment.
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I hope for your sake you are right, LS.

iirc, bandyinasia claimed his land was stolen by the government, I don't know any details,
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

He's the reason I put 95% (or 98% or whatever it was), as he's the only foreigner I know of whose ever had bad luck with land. It can happen, but the odds are pretty low. Again, perhaps another reason to invest in smaller plots in different areas.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Yeah, I just wonder if the story is true, or it belongs in the 'I was broke and lived with the Dalai Lama for 6 months' folder.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

vladimir wrote:Mountains?

The ones near the fruit table?

Yeah, buy land with an election coming up and no one can guess what the f will go down.

Not a good idea.
Vlad, why don't you let the OP post a for sale ad without your 2 cents?
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

I'm a 3rd class land scamming twat according to His Royal Vladness.

How selling a few hectares of dirt with correct paperwork and at perceived market value is scamming, I'm not sure. Who knows how his Mekong whiskey addled mind works?
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

@ Kampong Scheiser: perhaps you should explain what my insult was in response to, and stop presenting one-sided arguments like the turds on schmucksite.com

I did LOL to hear about your bf UKJ crying like a baby.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:Vlad, why don't you let the OP post a for sale ad without your 2 cents?
It's called fair comment, something one can expect on a public forum.

How many bar-sales have you seen get posted with no comment?

People discuss the risk, same as when you wanted to buy a bike, people offer advice even if you don't specifically request it.

Did you get the bike, btw, or wimp out?

We were promised pics, iirc...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic