Passport and police problem.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Passport and police problem.

Post by Cam Nivag »

Lying to the embassy and reporting your passport lost or stolen when it is not lost or stolen seems like a bad idea.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

The proof of residency is your visa. If you need proof of address - you can get your employer to write a letter confirming it for the UK passport office. That's what I did. That residency certificate is totally unnecessary...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

I have to go and do this in the next month or so.

on the pdf from the passport website, it says you need "visa or residence permit" so surely that would include my visa thats in my passport
For all other passport applications, you must provide from the list below:
• at least one document with photo identity; and
• one document as evidence of name and address and/or residency within the last year
• Your British passport (if you are renewing)
• Non-British uncancelled passport
• National identity card or equivalent (or colour photocopy)
• Visa or residence permit (or colour photocopy)
• Tax record eg a letter from a tax authority
• Educational record eg school report
• Employment record eg official letter from your employer
• Letter sent to you from a central, regional or local government department.

did the op get anything sorted, i'd appreciate an update or from anyone
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

Thanks clippy, seems after all the fuss I made I simply just read it wrong. Pasport advice line in UK a thousand times more helpful than the British embassy. Just send passport with visa and application form no probs.
clippy
Expatriate

Post by clippy »

i just dropped mine into DHL. 75 bucks! and a British Embassy a dollars moto ride away. wait and see when it comes back but for now i'm in cambodia without a passport
dan1el
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dan1el »

Mine only took 20 days to come back and another 7 days to get back old passport. Dhl got me for 92 bucks express delivery but its all over with for another 10 years so not complaining.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

dan1el wrote:To renew a British passport you need a proof of address document. My landlord knows about it and sent the local police chief guy to my home and he knows about this document as I had an example copy to show him with my passport. He told me not to bother doing that and told me to report it lost or stolen even though I has just shown it to him as it would be easier for me. I don't care about having to bung him $120 if it makes my life easier and his new year happier I was just wondering if it would actually make things easier.
Your landlord AND the pig are trying to screw you.

If you pay, I don't know...
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic