BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by General Mackevili »

dude wrote:
dude wrote:Nothing is perfect, but at least there are no adverts (for now) unlike the OF
Sorry I'll take that back now
Ha! Unintentional, I swear. The Dragon and I need to sort out some things, and I couldn't care less about Adsense right now.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote:UT, could you tell us what you find better about the new theme ?
I'd been on the old blue format since OD undid the new format about 5 days ago.
I've just changed back to the new format, and there is a noticeable difference.

For whatever reason, on the old blue format the pages seem to take forever to load. Especially the tab on the main menu 'CEO Members', that page takes about 2 weeks to load!
Now on the new theme every page loads instantly. That in itself is a good enough reason for me!

I also like that the page is spread left to right over the entire page, unlike on the old blue theme.
I think OD also changed some font colors on the new theme so it's a bit easier on the eye than when he first enabled it.
One thing I didn't like about the new theme was that you couldn't easily see when you had a new PM. You need to manually click on the drop-down next to your username. But, now I just found in the User Control panel a choice to receive a pop-up notification when there's a new PM. So, if you could send me 5 Karma, I should get a pop-up message.

Cheers, :beer3:

To summarize:
- pages load faster!
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Update: Anchor Moy was kind enough to help test the PM pop-up notification, and it works!! Good stuff.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Yay, this is all great news.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Username Taken wrote: For whatever reason, on the old blue format the pages seem to take forever to load. Especially the tab on the main menu 'CEO Members', that page takes about 2 weeks to load!
Now on the new theme every page loads instantly. That in itself is a good enough reason for me!

To summarize:
- pages load faster!
Has anyone else tried this? Can anyone confirm?

:beer3:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I'm testing. Posting and previewing message is often especially slow for me with the old theme. Let's see.
So far so good. The preview came up almost immediately.
Now for the post...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

old style pages load plenty fast but posting and/or switching to full editor to post or edit sometimes takes time.
figure that has to do with traffic not the version
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:
Username Taken wrote: For whatever reason, on the old blue format the pages seem to take forever to load. Especially the tab on the main menu 'CEO Members', that page takes about 2 weeks to load!

To summarize:
- pages load faster!
Has anyone else tried this? Can anyone confirm?
:beer3:
What Richard said.
Post, review, edit seem to be faster - maybe.

BUT, I just had to scroll up the whole of the Bar Girl Removes F'k me Tatoo page to get back to Index. That's a lot of skanky photos - and they don't get any betterlooking when you go backwards.
Why no "back to index" and/or "back to top" button at the bottom of pages ? And nothing happens when I click on "Options". :please:
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

All pages have been taking an eternity to load for me.

I'll pop again some other time.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote:old style pages load plenty fast but posting and/or switching to full editor to post or edit sometimes takes time.
figure that has to do with traffic not the version
I get the same problem if I try to post I get website offline eg just now Error 524 Ray ID: 1fc68e3ac91f1225 • 2015-06-26 05:38:40 UTC, but its only offline for posting not for bringing up threads.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic