Anti-Trafficking Police Raid GaDo Italy Wine Shop, Rescue 2

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Anti-Trafficking Police Raid GaDo Italy Wine Shop, Rescue 2

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Police from ministry of interior rescued two foreigners in a raid in a wine shop

Phnom Penh: During a raid in an establishment owned by foreigner, police from ministry of interior managed to rescue 2 foreigners and arrested one foreigner who’s believed to have involved in illegal detention.

Deputy director of department of anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection of ministry of interior, Mr Sao Sopanha said, after they received a complaint from victim’s family, the police from ministry of interior carried out the raid in a wine shop called (Kado Italian wine shop) located at house #110 AEo, 136 street, Phsar Kandal 2, Daun Penh district, Phnom Penh on 19 June 2015.

Ga.Do Italy Wine Shop is owned by a Nigerian expat, Jeffry Akudo, who possibly seems to have a colorful past.

After the prosecutor of Phnom Penh court, Mr. Cheat Khema, issued a warrant to allow the police to check in that wine shop. Police checked in that wine shop and brought one foreigner to the department of anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection of ministry of interior for questioning and to be prepared for conviction.

According to the people who live nearby, there are two victims, one of them is a senior lady. Police have not given details about the victim yet.

Mr. Poul Pithay, the director of department of of anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection said that, after the raid in that wine shop, police arrested one foreigner (manager?) who’s believed to have involved in illegal detention and brought along a Bolivian woman who claimed she was a victim for questioning.

Mr. Poul Pithay confirmed that, at first the Bolivian woman called to her family back home and said she was being detained by her boss. She was not allowed to go back home. Therefore her family asked for help from IOM (International Organization for Migration). Then, IOM filed a complaint to his department which led to investigation and arrest.

He continued, there are a lot of suspicious in this case as the woman who claimed she was the victim had been seen working normally in above wine shop. However, police have brought both the victim and the manager for questioning.

Engrish:
Spoiler:
INTERIOR BESIEGED FOREIGN JURISDICTION WHERE RESCUE FOREIGN NATIONALS 2 (UPDATE)
Raksmey19/6/2015 5:23 PmNews , Updates , And Social Security0LIKE
Kampuchea Thmey Space Availiable for Ads
: 1 hour jurisdiction of the Ministry of Interior, 2 foreign emancipation after foreign women arrested after suspected involvement unlawful confinement.

Vice President of the Department of Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection of National Police Minister intellectual said that after a complaint from the victim's relatives and the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Interior opened immediately in the afternoon of 19 June 2015 at the gift shop, wine shop Italian house number 110 AEo 136 neighborhood shopping center 2 Phnom Penh's Daun then competent control from the 1st floor to the 4th floor.

Intellectual continued after Phnom Penh Municipal Court deputy prosecutor Jerome Khemara issued a warrant, police searched and document checks expensive pubs up to more than $ 1 thousand 1 bottle then foreign jurisdiction to question The Department of Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection of the Ministry of Police for questioning over these charges.

People at the scene said that the liberation of 2 foreign nationals was another elderly woman, but authorities did not detail the story yet, pending further inquiries and clarification at the Interior Ministry said.

Meanwhile, Paul Dae Democratic chairman of the Department of Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection Ministry confirmed earlier that complete trademark search in pubs Italian wine gift shop before his forces detained foreign suspects involved in illegal detention and to bring women Ebola One also asked later claimed to be victims.

Paul Dae confirmed the first Democratic woman Ebola phone to their families at home, claiming that the shop owners not confined to travel to the home and the family called for help from IOM and NGO intervention sued his department continues to go down research and search in shop.

He said that the down suspicious and asked that the case because a female employee who claims to be a victim, and as usual, but wine sales its women and foreign women victims asked to continue to work towards and procedural measures .

Detaining women in pubs "Italian wine shop gift" suspects involved in illegal confinement
Friday, 19 June 2015 16:30
Phnom Penh: operating surprise raids and asked in pubs branded gifts pubs, Italy, located in neighborhood shopping central 2nd Daun Penh's police anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection Interior Ministry in the afternoon of 19 June 2015, security forces reached the arrested woman, a master of a certain foreign nationals to take into interrogation for alleged involvement in the detention illegal.

In operation, headed by prosecutor deputy Phnom Penh Municipal Court, Mr. Chet Khemara above competence also found the staff a woman Ebola Wing who claim to be victims, and sent to work asked to stay where competence.

Chairman of the Department of Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection Minister Pol government Dae Democrat, told Information Center DAP telephone storyline first woman Ebola had telephone to their families at home, claiming that employers store captors not to travel to their homeland.

Paul Government Dae Democracy confirmed that later gets a call from his daughter, then the family has the phone asking for help to the United Nations interventions from organizations IOM already organizations sued to continue to the department's down to do research and search in shops that face.

According to the director of the Department has post-down asked that there are cases of suspicious because a female employee who claims to be a victim, then at work and sell liquor typically But even so, the strength of his work brought a woman master of foreigners and the victim towards working interrogation continued and measures according to procedure.
According to the local law enforcement, who attended the operation down the checkpoint in the liquor store above confirmed that the committee that Mr. Esau Sopanha vice president, director of anti-human trafficking and juvenile protection leadership, met and women overseas one, and asked to find the owner of the location, but she said the owner of the location, traveling abroad is lost, and then decided to bring himself to continue the interrogation at the department off.

http://www.dap-news.com/2011-06-14-02-3 ... 31-25.html

Source: http://kampucheathmey.com/kpt/?p=26375
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Anti-Trafficking Police Raid GaDo Italy Wine Shop, Rescu

Post by vladimir »

Weird. Just weird.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
6EQUJ5
Expatriate

Post by 6EQUJ5 »

vladimir wrote:Weird. Just weird.
My thoughts exactly. Especially the part about one of the victims being an old lady. What does someone get out of trafficking an old woman? And bringing someone all the way from Bolivia? Maybe something to do with Bolivia's top export? The huge police presence also strikes me as odd considering the circumstances. Quite a draw for a call about someone held against their will in a restaurant.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I would have no problems being held in an Italian restaurant by that woman.

I suspect that possibly the old biddy decided she suddenly wanted to visit her family after signing an agreement, and the employer said no.

Let's see what happens
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

I know this place. The white chick in the pictures pretended to be Italian. My Italian friend quickly found out that she was full of it but kept his mouth shut about it infront of her. The fact that she spoke with a Russian accent and has a large typical snitch scar across her face didn't help her case. You can see hints of the scar on the photo where she stands in front of the computer.

The place was run by her and her allegedly Jamaican boyfriend. On the second photo in the OP, you can see the large quantities of labelled empty wine bottles on the top shelf under the aircon. This was one of their main businesses, to sell cheap wine in fancy bottles. We tried multiple bottles during our (multiple) visits, and frankly they all tasted the same.

About a year ago, they told us their plans to import Dominican exotic dancers and we basically called their trafficking scheme privately between us. To be fair, their pizza was pretty good and the only reason why we kept going back.

The fake Italian woman in the pictures is not a trafficking victim. She is as involved as one can be. I do not believe that she is Bolivian either. It is worth noting that her black partner is not detained. I'm guessing he remains at large, and that the fake Italian woman will take the hit.

For once, I am impressed with the local authorities. They hit the jackpot this time.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Wow. Thanks, BOFH. Fake wine and exotic dancers, LOL.

I wouldn't advise anyone trying to open a decent wine bar to do it on 136, unusual location.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

vladimir wrote:Wow. Thanks, BOFH. Fake wine and exotic dancers, LOL.

I wouldn't advise anyone trying to open a decent wine bar to do it on 136, unusual location.
How intriguing.
...the fake Italian woman will take the hit.
For what ? Work permit ?
Where are the "victims" ?
Don't think anyone gives a shit about crap wine.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Anchor Moy wrote: Don't think anyone gives a shit about crap wine.
:shock: Selling fake wine, that should be a hanging offense!

BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

Anchor Moy wrote:For what ? Work permit ?
Supposedly two victims were taken in for questioning. If you add all the parameters together, what do you think they were victims of? Here's a hint. The shop was raided by anti-trafficking police. Maybe the woman will take a hit for a traffic violation? Hmm, tricky, I really don't know the answer to this one.

You're a bright one, being able to tell that the anti-trafficking police wouldn't raid them for their fake wine. Good job! If you keep it up you might earn yourself a gold star by the end of the semester.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

BOFH wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:For what ? Work permit ?
Supposedly two victims were taken in for questioning. If you add all the parameters together, what do you think they were victims of? Here's a hint. The shop was raided by anti-trafficking police. Maybe the woman will take a hit for a traffic violation? Hmm, tricky, I really don't know the answer to this one.

You're a bright one, being able to tell that the anti-trafficking police wouldn't raid them for their fake wine. Good job! If you keep it up you might earn yourself a gold star by the end of the semester.
Hmm, tricky, I really don't know the answer to this one.
Well, me neither.
Frankly, between the Bolivians, the fake Italian/possible Russian, the possible Jamaican guy and the Dominican exotic dancers, I'm having problems keeping track. You're right I'm not so bright and my Engrish is terrible.

I was joking about the wine, but I presume that's what is being referred to here:

Intellectual continued after Phnom Penh Municipal Court deputy prosecutor Jerome Khemara issued a warrant, police searched and document checks expensive pubs up to more than $ 1 thousand 1 bottle then foreign jurisdiction to question The Department of Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection of the Ministry of Police for questioning over these charges
She says she's a victim.
He said that the down suspicious and asked that the case because a female employee who claims to be a victim, and as usual, but wine sales its women and foreign women victims asked to continue to work towards and procedural measures .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic