Dakshin's (Siem Reap)

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Dakshin's (Siem Reap)

Post by hanno »

Name: Dakshin's
Address: Pithnou Street (next to Ms. Wong's)
Telephone: +855 12 808 011
Opening hours:
Cuisine: Indian
Image:
URL: No website, only FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dakshins/360414824056177
Reservation URL: None
Menu URL: None
Rating: 5

I grew up with Indian food and think I can safely say that this is the best Indian food you will get in Temple Town. It is also the only Indian restaurant here that has made an effort with the interior design and does not look like a railway station waiting room.

I have never seen the owner or his wife not being present in my 20+ visits, meaning service is fast, courteous and efficient.

Likewise, I have not had a bad meal there yet and I have been up and down the menu. It is not the cheapest Indian in town but portions are large. Thali sets are actually very good value but I usually go for the curries which are just perfect. The breads are also very good and I can certainly recommend the Samosas.

If like me you like it spicy, make it clear as the staff tend to err on the cautious side.....
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Dakshin's (Siem Reap)

Post by frank lee bent »

good review.
need a lot more here.
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Jaap N. »

hanno wrote:Name: Dakshin's
Address: Pithnou Street (next to Ms. Wong's)
Telephone: +855 12 808 011
Opening hours:
Cuisine: Indian
Image:
URL: No website, only FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dakshins/360414824056177
Reservation URL: None
Menu URL: None
Rating: 5

I grew up with Indian food and think I can safely say that this is the best Indian food you will get in Temple Town. It is also the only Indian restaurant here that has made an effort with the interior design and does not look like a railway station waiting room.

I have never seen the owner or his wife not being present in my 20+ visits, meaning service is fast, courteous and efficient.

Likewise, I have not had a bad meal there yet and I have been up and down the menu. It is not the cheapest Indian in town but portions are large. Thali sets are actually very good value but I usually go for the curries which are just perfect. The breads are also very good and I can certainly recommend the Samosas.

If like me you like it spicy, make it clear as the staff tend to err on the cautious side.....
Sounds like a place I might be having diner during my next visit, thanks Hanno! :beer3:
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Dakshin's is certainly the only Indian restaurant worth bothering with in Siem Reap. The owner is a really nice guy, I've never met his wife. But... quality comes with a price tag and there's a lot of sulking here when people realize it's going to cost more than $5 to eat there too.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

hanno, when Lily arrives, a delivery service is in order.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

vladimir wrote:hanno, when Lily arrives, a delivery service is in order.
Getting chased by a Vindaloo....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic