Ferry Discounts to Koh Rong

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
clippy
Expatriate

Ferry Discounts to Koh Rong

Post by clippy »

Hi, just to let anyone know if they plan to go to koh rong or koh rong samloem islands, tickets on the fast ferry are half price during the wet season. its $15 for open return to Koh Rong and 20 bucks open return to Samloem. same prices as the slow boats and you dont have to spend 2 and half hours on the boat, so much better.

The timetables are on http://www.speedferrycambodia.com
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Ferry Discounts to Koh Rong

Post by OrangeDragon »

Nice info!

After last year the governor set a law/rule that put a minimum a ferry could charge, as the one run by the dive center was running $5 return at a loss and making it up with people staying in their guest house and paying for their dive classes, so all the other boat operators complained. (as i understand from local gossip.)

But... that leaves the door open for the fast boats to be at the same set minimum, but offering a much better service.

I've seen a few places advertising $9 return, but it's a REALLY long trip as they stop at multiple islands (3 i think) before they get there.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

clippy wrote: its $15 for open return to Koh Rong
It was $10 last season. Straight to Koh Rong, direct on a fast boat.

$15 is still decent.

I lost my damn return ticket on the island, and just bought a $5 ticket back.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

General Mackevili wrote:
clippy wrote: its $15 for open return to Koh Rong
It was $10 last season. Straight to Koh Rong, direct on a fast boat.

$15 is still decent.

I lost my damn return ticket on the island, and just bought a $5 ticket back.
When we went last low season we were getting it for $5 return. There ended up being a price war with the boat companies for a while. It was basically a free trip there and a $5 trip back.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic