Sihanoukville Police Chief: Shakedowns of Tourists to Stop

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: Sihanoukville Police Chief: Shakedowns of Tourists to St

Post by wackyjacky »

They were in front of C Harper's 10 minutes ago, both sides and I took your advice hiding behind a Landcruiser until I got past.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Fake helmet cam.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

wackyjacky wrote:They were in front of C Harper's 10 minutes ago, both sides and I took your advice hiding behind a Landcruiser until I got past.
haha ive used the hiding behind the landcruiser/SUVs on many occasions, tbh though these days i rarely get pulled over (touch wood lol) i went through a long patch where the police man would look at me and im thinking 'oh here we go' and he doesnt do anything, theyve probs pulled me over before and know ive got the right paperwork, i guess being covered in tattoos im easily recognizable i dunno, those big road blocks are annoying though every man and his dog gets pulled over, they must make a fortune doing them
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

next time ferret face pulls me i will mention his boss'' name and tel him that a lot of barang are pissed off with his bullshit.
i will tell him to take me to the cop shop.

lets see how he likes that.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

frank lee bent wrote:next time ferret face pulls me i will mention his boss'' name and tel him that a lot of barang are pissed off with his bullshit.

Why not just put the Bosses name and number in your phone.
Then next time, "Just let me check this with <Bosses name>", show the cop the name in your phone and see if it registers.

Someone posted the name and number recently, might have been you. But, I'm too lazy to search for it.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote:next time ferret face pulls me i will mention his boss'' name and tel him that a lot of barang are pissed off with his bullshit.

Is your mate "ferret face" the one with the bright red eyes ? Maybe he's having problems with his supply ?
If this is the same guy, he has no sense of humour at all.
Username Taken wrote: Why not just put the Bosses name and number in your phone.
Then next time, "Just let me check this with <Bosses name>", show the cop the name in your phone and see if it registers.
From the OP article:

General Narin indicated that there would be zero-tolerance for corruption within his force. He gave business owners his personal phone number so that they could report errant officers directly to him.
So does anyone have the sacred phone number ? :please:
(But don't let's get too carried away. Don't expect anyone to answer; hopefully the threat will be enough.)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Username Taken wrote: Why not just put the Bosses name and number in your phone.
SHV Chief of Police: Brigadier General Chuon Narin Tel: 017 971666 Email: [email protected]
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/post78350.html#p78350
:evil:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Ok cool. :thumb:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i wrote it down and have the paper wrapped around my license.
only 2 more days here so no chance to find out how it works.
Schrodinger's Dog
Expatriate

Post by Schrodinger's Dog »

Been stopped uncounted times since my arrival here a few months ago. Paid $2 twice, learned my lesson and since then carry two bundles of 100R notes covered with a 500R note with me. Estimated value: 0,40$ maximum. Gave it out probably more 15 times so far, 3 times to the same cop. Just stopping for a few secs without a exchanging a single word and throwing two bundles to their feet works actually quite good as well.

Haven't been stopped tho after the new police chief released his press statement (knock on wood) despite driving around the whole town quite frequently and seeing lot of cops around. Might be a "change" that actually happened this time. Or I've just been lucky.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic