Ruling Cambodian's People Party CPP President Chea Sim Dies

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ruling Cambodian's People Party CPP President Chea Sim Dies

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Ruling Cambodian People’s Party president Chea Sim has died at the age of 83.

Samdech Chea Sim passed away at his residence in Phnom Penh at 15:45 from natural causes, it pointed out.

According to H.E. Chhim Phal Virun, a CPP’s spokesperson, a state mourning ceremony will be held for Samdech Chea Sim because he died while in office.

Samdech Chea Sim was born on Nov. 15, 1932 in Romeas Hek district, Svay Rieng province. He was married in 1955 and has 7 children (4 sons and 3 daughters).

He was the President of the National Assembly from 1981 to 1998, and President of the Senate from1999 until his passing away.

Yim Leang, chief of Sim’s personal bodyguard unit, confirmed that the aging Senate president and long-time president of the CPP died on Monday afternoon at about 3:45pm.

“Yes, he died,” Yim Leang said, without elaborating on the cause of his death.

According to Leang, Prime Minister HE and other high-ranking government officials arrived at Chea Sim’s house shortly after his death to pay their respects.

HE in April announced that he would assume the party presidency in the event that Sim died.

“We wish Samdech Chea Sim to be in good health and live a long life even if he cannot work, and he will be president of the CPP and Senate [as long as he lives],” he said at the time.......

...continued...

http://phnompenhpost.com/national/chea-sim-dead-83

Also:

http://www.akp.gov.kh/?p=63469

Random pics of Chea Sim:

Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: Ruling Cambodian's People Party CPP President Chea Sim D

Post by Samouth »

RIP
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

RIP.

I assume this won't change anything at all politically?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

He's died a few times now, hasn't he?
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I have no comment about political. I still love my little life.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Funeral sounds like another excuse for an additional Cambodian holiday to add to the long list of holidays.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

4-day weekend!

18th was existing day, now 19th in honour of HE Chea Sim.

Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Samouth wrote:I have no comment about political. I still love my little life.
Good answer - better to wag your tail in the mud!

Chuang Tzu (approximately 390-365 B.C.), was one of the great philosophers of the Chou period in china

Chuang Tzu was one day fishing, when the Prince of Ch'u sent two high officials to interview him, saying that his Highness would be glad of Chuang Tzu's assistance in the administration of his government. The latter quietly fished on, and without looking round, replied, "I have heard that in the State of Ch'u there is a sacred tortoise, which has been dead three thousand years, and which the prince keeps packed up in a box on the altar in his ancestral shrine. Now do you think that tortoise would rather be dead and have its remains thus honoured, or be alive and wagging its tail in the mud?" The two officials answered that no doubt it would rather be alive and wagging its tail in the mud; whereupon Chuang Tzu cried out "Begone! I too elect to remain wagging my tail in the mud."
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Vice President Say Chhum gets voted new President of the Cambodian Senate, in a vote on June 9, 2015.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_%28Cambodia%29

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Will he be the exact opposite?

Chea Sim, Say Chhum.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic