Khmer leaps off Stung Meanchey Flyover Bridge

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Re: Khmer leaps off Stung Meanchey Flyover Bridge

Post by Kampong Spooner »

vladimir wrote:I hope karma comes back to bite the laughers in their arses.

Cunts.

Sometimes it's hard to feel anything but despair for this country, it's fucked. Everybody knows it, but some feel they have to pretend to be angry when someone says it.
Cue typical response:

If you don't like it, go back to your own country, cambodia is amazing.... people so friendly.... suffered so much..... Pol Pot......

TBF Vlad, your better half would most likely be chuckling away like everyone else (inc mine).....

Kampuchea- the karma of pain. If you live in a country called that, you're going to feel a bit doomed.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

No, my wife doesn't even stop at accidents, she hates the sight of blood, it upsets her, as it does me.

tbh, if I didn't have family here, I would have left long ago.

cue: but it would look so good on my CV that I was a carpet-bagger in a turd-world country!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:
jaynewcastle wrote:When you read reports like this, I do wonder what is wrong with people in Cambodia to be honest

Why are so many people interested in viewing the dead body of someone who jumped off a high bridge ?

What is their fascination with such events ?

I can't understand it to be honest
The majority of Cambodians don't like reading, but we like looking at the picture instead. Without reading the content, we know that there is someone died from jumping off. :)

FTFY.
I think maybe I'm one of them sometimes. Honestly I don't know what happened to him? I couldnt connect the link and I didn't see it on facebook.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
jaynewcastle wrote:When you read reports like this, I do wonder what is wrong with people in Cambodia to be honest

Why are so many people interested in viewing the dead body of someone who jumped off a high bridge ?

What is their fascination with such events ?

I can't understand it to be honest
The majority of Cambodians don't like reading, but we like looking at the picture instead. Without reading the content, we know that there is someone died from jumping off. :)

FTFY.
I think maybe I'm one of them sometimes. Honestly I don't know what happened to him? I couldnt connect the link and I didn't see it on facebook.
i think this link will work

http://www.dap-news.com/2011-06-14-02-3 ... vice=xhtml
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Kampong Spooner wrote:I asked 'why? Why are people laughing and happy to see a man die?'

The answer;

'People happy cos man very stupid. People try hard to live everyday and this man want to die. So everybody laugh cos he so stupid. Hahahaha. Stupid man.'

:unknown:
I don't think those people were happy to see the man die. I think they just couldn't see how much this man suffer from his problem. Sometimes people call me a girl, crazy, stupid... when I cry because of small things. Maybe they think it is small ,but I think it's big for me. I don't think suicide is a good way to solve problem like crying can't help anything, but we are just a real human and we should respect to others' feelings.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:
i think this link will work

http://www.dap-news.com/2011-06-14-02-3 ... vice=xhtml
Thanks, Samouth. Yes, it works but not detail.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic