Sihanoukville Tue. Quiz Night

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Re: Sihanoukville Tue. Quiz Night

Post by Sailorman »

I did two quiz's this week, one at the Kangaroo Kitchen and the other at the Terrace that is down by Golden Lyons Circle.

The Roo's quiz (run by Patrick) was once again well attended and won (bottle of wine, jug of beer) by the Ozone Rangers, but it was a close race with first to third place only a couple points apart. Some new faces and hope to see more in the future. 7pm Tue.

The Terrace quiz was great fun and some real tough questions. Met a lot of new friends and had a great time. Also the Seafood Chowder was great. Fri. 7pm.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

will see you down there for the next one sailorman, will be my last one as im going over to thailand for boxing and then flying to england as im fightin on july 11th
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Another great quiz week in Snookyville.

The Fri. night quiz (7pm) at The Terrace (by the Golden Lyons roundabout) was enjoyed by all. Very tough/fun brain twisting questions. Very laid back bar/guesthouse. (I recommend the seafood chowder and chicken breast in cream sauce with mushrooms.) The way the Terrace works the quiz is that everyone is given a playing card and depending on what you get your assigned to a team. (good way to meet new friends.)

The Tue. night quiz (7pm) at the Kangaroo Kitchen (by the small market) was a hard fought battle, but the "Idiots" (I didn't make this up, they named themselves) coming in first and narrowly beating out the Ozone Rangers. The Idiots won a jug of beer, a bottle of wine and bragging rights. Usually only the second place winners gets a jug of beer, but Patrick (Saloon Keeper), took pity on the rest of the teams and every team got a jug of beer. (and halftime plate of meatballs.) Fun time for all.

I've heard that there is another quiz in Snooky, but have yet to track it down. When I do, I will report on it here.

For a fun evening with good people I recommend the two quiz's above and will look into others.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

ive still not booked my flights back yet so ill probs still be around for the one next week hahaha :P
didnt make the last one i was busy
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Look forward to seeing you tue. (and/or fri)
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Another good pair of Snookyville quiz nights.

The Tue. 7pm quiz at the Kangaroo Kitchen was hard fought and ended up a tie between Charlie's Boy's and the Ozone Rangers, with the other teams hot on their heels. Home-made fries and meatballs were enjoyed by all at halftime with wine/beer for the winners and beer for the also rans at the end.

The Fri. 7pm quiz at The Terrace had its usual tough brain twisters with "The Trio" taking first place and "Book For Sale" just a few points behind and all teams just a few points apart. Thanks Dave, great night. Last week I tried the Seafood chowder and it was wonderful and this week went for the OZ rib-eye steak which was heaven and done just right.

The Terrace is down by the Golden Lyons Circle so lots of Khmer restaurants/activity abound. About halfway through the night some Khmer Bozo in a big luxury SUV went flying down the road at warp 12, but amazingly didn't hit anyone in the food stalls along the street. Why do they have to drive so crazy? And as usual, Snookyville finest (BIB) were no where to be seen.

Think you know all the answers (or some of them) or just want a fun night out, come join a team or bring your own to these mentally challenging affairs. Talk to Patrick at the Kangaroo (Tue. 7pm) and/or Dave at The Terrace (Fri. 7pm)

If anyone knows of more quiz nights in Snookyville, please post the time/location and I'll investigate/report on them.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

^That's a good question. ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Sailorman wrote:Why do they have to drive so crazy?
A: Because they are knobs.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic