Larrys bar and Grill Street 110

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Larrys bar and Grill Street 110

Post by GMJS-CEO »

OrangeDragon wrote:Blue Dolphin does have a pretty great pizza.
i haven't tried it but that would be unexpected.

Blue Dolphin to me was above average food at below average prices. Wouldn't say I had anything that could qualify as "great" though.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

We had pizza delivered from Pizza Five tonight - regretted it. Mrs Stroppy might post photos later, but we lined the three of them up and had to really look to spot any major differences between Polo Verde, Pepperoni, and Hawaiian
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

GMJS-CEO wrote:

Blue Dolphin to me was above average food at below average prices. Wouldn't say I had anything that could qualify as "great" though.
Pizza is one thing they do pretty well in my opinion. LOADS of cheese, garlic butter sauce on request, good toppings and plenty of them. I get the jalapeno and pineapple pretty much any time I'm in town.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote:
GMJS-CEO wrote:

Pizza is one thing they do pretty well in my opinion. LOADS of cheese, garlic butter sauce on request, good toppings and plenty of them. I get the jalapeno and pineapple pretty much any time I'm in town.
I agree. A damn good pizza with loads of cheese.

I also agree that it's surprising. You wouldn't good they have good food.

On the flip side..... They have the ABSOLUTE WORST burger I've ever had. Just terrible.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I don't get all the hype about Larry's pizza. I tried it last night and found it too soggy. The taste was good and it's certainly filling , but isn't a pizza supposed to be a tad crispy ? If I want soggy , Pizza Hut does it for me.

Brooklyn is better , even peri pizza (the $3 pizzas from the pizza van on st51) are better IMHO.

But I'll continue to come to Larry's for his blackened Cajun fish , and for his filet in red wine sauce. Can't compare them to blue dolphin offerings, this is a notch higher. His Caesars salad is superb as well. But I'll eat my pizzas elsewhere.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

logos wrote:I don't get all the hype about Larry's pizza. I tried it last night and found it too soggy. The taste was good and it's certainly filling , but isn't a pizza supposed to be a tad crispy ? If I want soggy , Pizza Hut does it for me.

Brooklyn is better , even peri pizza (the $3 pizzas from the pizza van on st51) are better IMHO.

But I'll continue to come to Larry's for his blackened Cajun fish , and for his filet in red wine sauce. Can't compare them to blue dolphin offerings, this is a notch higher. His Caesars salad is superb as well. But I'll eat my pizzas elsewhere.
Couldn't agree with this more. He does some great food but IMHO pizza isn't one of them. There are much better places that serve better pizza in Phnom Penh.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

General Mackevili wrote:
On the flip side..... They have the ABSOLUTE WORST burger I've ever had. Just terrible.
This!

Their burgers are unbelievably bad.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

logos wrote:I don't get all the hype about Larry's pizza. I tried it last night and found it too soggy. The taste was good and it's certainly filling , but isn't a pizza supposed to be a tad crispy ? If I want soggy , Pizza Hut does it for me.

His best pizza is definitely the pesto (if you like pesto and feta cheese). Blows the water out of his other offerings. Not sure why people rave so much about the Italian sausage one. I find it very average (well, still good) as the sausage lacks the spiciness I would expect from Italian sausage. The pesto is great though, simply amazing. His specials are usually really good. He once had these fried spring rolls stuffed with spinach, ricotta and feta. Amazingly good. Next time I go I'll ask him if he'll ever do them again because they were just too good.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
khmerinade
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by khmerinade »

StroppyChops wrote:We had pizza delivered from Pizza Five tonight - regretted it. Mrs Stroppy might post photos later, but we lined the three of them up and had to really look to spot any major differences between Polo Verde, Pepperoni, and Hawaiian

ordered that crap once... never again. For $5, I'd rather go and have some tasty khmer food instead of that nasty stuff.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

khmerinade wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:We had pizza delivered from Pizza Five tonight - regretted it. Mrs Stroppy might post photos later, but we lined the three of them up and had to really look to spot any major differences between Polo Verde, Pepperoni, and Hawaiian
ordered that crap once... never again. For $5, I'd rather go and have some tasty khmer food instead of that nasty stuff.
Absolutely - agreed.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic