Mystery surrounds Cambodian-Canadian man's death in Laos

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
BOFH
Expatriate

Re: Mystery surrounds Cambodian-Canadian man's death in Laos

Post by BOFH »

I can't imagine anything one could say about the PM that would result in being murdered on the airport in Vientiane.

Plenty of ice smokers pass through the airport in Vientiane without being murdered.

I think it's safe to assume that this is about some other kind of problem. If you "apparently" said something about the PM then you would know damn well what you said that upset people so much that they would like you dead. I don't believe this has anything to do with the PM at all.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I'm inclined to agree, a bit too messy/public as well.

More likely he said something to piss some Laotian off.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Seeing as he said "they took my boarding pass", one can presume that "they" meant the authorities. He probably just didn't know which ones. Even if they had been in uniform it doesn't mean he would have known who exactly they were.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic